stood out ExamplesEN
- Examples of stand out
- He boldfaced the quote so it would stand out even though I told him it looked ugly.
- This text would stand out better if we put it in a box of colour.
- Cal Nathan, owner of the New York Fun Factory, an event planner in Hicksville, N.Y. (nyfunfactory.com), said that he, too, has witnessed an uptick in the number of couples using out-of-the-box gimmicks like stilt walkers, celebrity look-alikes, photo booths and minicasinos to make their weddings stand out.
- Tourist guides often carry umbrellas so that they stand out in a crowd.
- Examples of stood out
- One particular gown stood out: a sleeveless white silk sheath with an elaborate print ($3,400) that said, “I am Basquiat in hell, forced to endure a Sisyphean nursery school where I trace my hand and paint multilegged monster turkeys and get an F, forever.
- He stood out from the usual run of applicants.
- The dark mountains stood out starkly against the pale sky.
- As moldy drywall thudded to the curb in a depressing drumbeat throughout Breezy Point, Queens, Thomas Ryan’s reciprocating saw stood out like a growling declaration of impatience.
- She stood out from the other candidates and was offered the job.
- Examples of stands out
- He stands out against his local classmates.
- Around the corner, at Goedhuis, among more contemporary calligraphies, the fat and fuzzy brushwork of Zeng Yizeng (born 1973) stands out.
- “Pushing Daisies” stands out even in a season already overloaded with series — some old, some new — that toy with the undead and paranormality, notably “Medium,” “Ghost Whisperer” and “Heroes,” as well as comedies like “Chuck” and “Reaper.”
- He applied its dense tweediness to an essentially realist armature, maintaining a stylistic consistency that stands out here.
- Examples of standing out
- It is time the international community faced the reality: we have an unmanageable, unfair, distortionary global tax regime. It is a tax system that is pivotal in creating the increasing inequality that marks most advanced countries today – with America standing out in the forefront and the UK not far behind.
- The wonderful scenery combined with dramatic rock formations at each location make these three among the most popular trails in the country, plus the photo ops and bragability factor of standing out on these seemingly precarious rocks is a great draw.
Examples of stood out in a Sentence