white ExamplesEN[waɪt] [ʍaɪt] [-aɪt]
- Examples of white
- The fore was painted white.
- "I'm free, white, and twenty-one. I love to dance and I'm going to dance." - Ruby Keeler (Barbara Hemingway) in Dames (1934) 
- The trees in the garden were resplendent with full-blown white gardenias.
- The cow whale is not gemelliparous, and after incubation are supposed to carry the foetus twelve months ; some few have been found with twins, but it is rare ; the lacteal aliment is of a pure white colour.
- Light, fresh and evanescent, they are suffused with the glimmery yellowness of East End light; it’s not quite yellow or white, but a color somewhere in between.
- Soon after the arrival of Mrs. Campbell, dinner was announced by Abboye. He came into the drawing room resplendent in his gold-and-white turban. […] His cummerbund matched the turban in gold lines.
- crimson flowers on a white ground
- Examples of whites
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- There were no signs and no one quite knew how to navigate the museum, including, as it was Fleet Week, gaggles of boyish sailors all in their summer whites. It looked like a Frank Sinatra movie.
- During the 1960s, some Georgians opposed the intermarriage of blacks and whites.
- Mix the egg whites until they are stiff.
- The chef prepared to whisk the egg whites for the angel's food cake.
- The Indian may go off the reservation, he can steal from the whites and run back to the reservation with impunity.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer or a whisk until stiff peaks form, but do not overbeat.
- But school officials have found that the 55,000-student city school district, with Chinese the dominant ethnic group followed by Hispanics, blacks and whites, is resegregrating.
- Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes.
- Examples of whiter
- IV A lovely Ladie[*] rode him faire beside, Upon a lowly Asse more white then snow, Yet she much whiter, but the same did hide 30 Under a vele, that wimpled was full low, And over all a blacke stole she did throw, As one that inly mournd: so was she sad, And heavie sat upon her palfrey slow; Seemed in heart some hidden care she had, 35 And by her in a line a milke white lambe she lad.
- Examples of whiting
- Whiting takes the language of "enlightened" (noncorporal) methods of disciplining children and turns it into a Kafkaesque nightmare of ambiguous threats, disorienting double messages, and absurd lures as the goal of making the boy apologize becomes absorbed into the family members' struggle for authority and justification.
Examples of white in a Sentence