used to ExamplesEN[juːs(t).tu] [juːs(t).tə]
- Examples of used to
- I am all ears to find out how my car, which used to have a perfectly functional engine, will no longer start.
- The 5-nitroimidazole molecules are very potent anaerobicidal agents commonly used to treat or prevent Bacteroides infections.
- Anterograde tracing is a research technique which is used to trace neural connections from their source to their point of termination. The opposite technique is retrograde tracing.
- He used to stay up late but his new girlfriend changed that around.
- 'Old stagers' of the Home and Western Circuits, can recall how the juniors of their briefless and bagless days used to entertain the natives of Guildford and Exeter with Shakspearian performances.
- A basal reader is a kind of book that is used to teach reading.
- A fabricator is used to direct a sharp blow to the surface of the stone.
Examples of used to in a Sentence