- Examples of statement
- Eni released a subdued statement Monday saying only that it had "received a letter in the last few days with an offer for friendly rediscussion of the contract."
- The company, based in Boston and the third-largest securitizer of student loans , received a subpoena on Aug. 22, according to a statement yesterday on its Web site.
- The politician had a staffer send out the prepared statement.
- a bank statement
- Always more a colorist than a symphonist, Bernstein nevertheless created a powerful statement in the symphony’s three movements: Prophecy, Profanation and Lamentation.
- A logical statement which is neither a tautology nor a contradiction is a contingency.
- a testimonial statement
- There were no surprises in this morning's much-trailed budget statement.
- There was some truth in his statement that he had no other choice.
- Examples of statements
- You make ridiculous statements a lot, like saying that UFOs are real.
- His statements must be taken with a grain of salt.
- He loves making sweeping statements without the slightest evidence.
- [The biography] also displays a rather wearing fidelity to chronology that gives rise to too many summer holidays at the beginning of the book and too many royalty statements towards the end.
- There are value judgments that are not reducible to observable matters of fact, and there are oughts that cannot be construed as hypothetical and, therefore, cannot be converted into statements of fact.
- They took his statements out of context and made him sound like an extremist.
- The monthly financial statements show all the actual but only some of the accrued expenses.
Examples of statements in a Sentence