state ExamplesEN[steɪt] [-eɪt]
- Examples of state
- A link-state protocol can quickly update the network to route around failure.
- What's the matter?; state matters
- The memberships of the state chapters elect delegates to the national convention.
- Mr. Fox's sales are driven mostly by word-of-mouth locally, and beyond the state through a network of microdistilling aficionados.
- The measure would make California the first state to require that all new semiautomatic weapons be equipped with technology known as microstamping, which imprints microscopic markings as a gun fires.
- Examples of states
- One article was excluded due to investigation on an association of presenile cataracts with heterozygosity for galactosaemic states and with riboflavin deficiency [ 27 ].
- All that hogshit about mental disorders and dream states and such.
- Introspectability cannot be the mark of the mental because one can introspect physical states, like indigestion or other internal physical events in the body.
- The law of identity states that an apple is an apple.
- In contrast, permutation-symmetric pure states feature rather low geometric entanglement and strong and robust macroscopicity..
- The monoanion and dianion states are both potentially relevant at biological pH. The dianion strongly absorbs photons at 480 nm and gives a strong emission peak at 517 nm.
- We talk a lot about being "a nation of laws," but some of the laws found on the books of states, counties and municipalities are a bit much.
- One study in the US modeled a 54% reduction in nonbacteremic pneumococcal pneumonia in adults 65 years and older in states that had achieved over 80% vaccination coverage in children under two years.
- Examples of stated
- Pink slime is a real and continuing problem in many paper mills. Once established it may be difficult to ... Holmes (15, 16) and Sanborn (24) stated that yeasts or yeast-like fungi were often the cause of pink slime.
- The promise that arises upon an account stated, is to pay on request.
- John stated he had, "done his small part", with his usual self-effacingness.
- The violence in these video games sits awkwardly with their stated aim of educating children.
- He took out a stated-income loan to buy the house. It cost a bit more, but he works off the books.
- As usual, the newspapers got hold of the wrong end of the stick and stated the whole problem in reverse.
- World leaders have repeatedly stated that we must act on climate change.
- As stated, this argument assumes a form of propositional temporalism: it assumes that the proposition expressed by my sentence for A-THEORY* has different truth values relative to different times.
- Of 50 men and 92 women asked if they were dissapointed about the outcome of their suicide attempt, men stated significantly more often than women that this was the case (22.00% versus 7.61%; χ 2 = 6.06; df = 1; p = 0.014) [29 ].
- Examples of stating
- The form letter included a canned answer stating that what I asked was against policy.
- In stating that the Woosters never give up, I was in error. These words caught me amidships and took all the fighting spirit out of me, leaving me a spent force.
- 'Whilst my boat was preparing (a Maltese speronara, with a crew of twelve men, selected for their knowledge of the coast,) I wrote two letters, one to Malta, and the other to Lisbon, stating the loss of the ship.
Examples of state in a Sentence