state ExamplesEN[steɪt] [-eɪt]
- Examples of state
- People are a good thing, the most precious resource in a rich economy, so the progressive-minded feel. Only misanthropists disagree or the dottier Malthusians who send green-ink tweets deploring any state assistance for child-rearing.
- a preexistent state
- It also requires mortgage brokers and loan originators who work for state-chartered banks to complete at least 20 hours of prelicensing education, pass a licensing test and complete eight hours of continuing education annually.
- He sampled state fair delicacies — a vanilla milkshake for a prelunch snack, followed by a sausage sandwich with peppers and onions.
- The foundation stems from a state law that allowed Empire Blue Cross-Blue Shield to become a profitmaking company.
- a red state
- gold in a reguline state
- Examples of states
- The serial killer had a string of victims across seven states.
- Well monarchies may own religion's name, / But states are atheists in their very fame.
- Examples of stated
- stated preaching
- stated business hours
- The eloquent speaker persuasively stated her argument.
- The bishop, a highly placed churchman, stated the religion's opinion.
- He stated the case but I did disaccord.
- The window display was made up of an assortment of rather curiously shaped guns, rifles as well as small arms; and a glowing sign in the window stated: THE FINEST ENERGY WEAPONS IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE.
- "Several other witnesses gave corroborative evidence, and a constable who helped to arrest the prisoners stated that one of them, on being taken into custody, said: 'Ah, well, this is a fair cop.'"
- The problem is exactly the one you have stated: many people would not be comfortable with a sudden genderswap in the Doctor, when the possibility has not even been hinted at in the past.
- Because the special subject pledged continues the debtor's property, therefore if it perishes during the impignoration, it perishes to the debtor, according to the rule stated above, § 20.
- Examples of stating
- The form letter included a canned answer stating that what I asked was against policy.
- In stating that the Woosters never give up, I was in error. These words caught me amidships and took all the fighting spirit out of me, leaving me a spent force.
- 'Whilst my boat was preparing (a Maltese speronara, with a crew of twelve men, selected for their knowledge of the coast,) I wrote two letters, one to Malta, and the other to Lisbon, stating the loss of the ship.
Examples of state in a Sentence