spelling ExamplesEN[ˈspɛlɪŋ] [-ɛlɪŋ]
- Examples of spelling
- Spelling: Also mongolian.
- An oddball word processor, for example, might never be supported by such helpful tools as spelling checkers, indexing programs, footnote utilities,...
- The original manuscript contained spelling errors which were fixed in later versions.
- They're part a formal letter, part some type of dialogue. So, what are the rules? Is it okay to throw formality out the window? Does spelling matter?
- They decided to stop arguing over which spelling was correct after she began glaring murderously at each person who participated.
- Examples of spellings
- Some words have many spellings: Take, for example, coordinate, which also has a hyphenated spelling variant — co-ordinate — and a dieretic one, coördinate.
- The greatest hyphenator ever was Shakespeare (or Shak-speare in some contemporary spellings) because he was so busy adding new words, many of them compounds, to English: “sea-change,” “leap-frog,” “bare-faced,” “fancy-free.”
- The computer usually defaults to autocorrecting certain spellings and capitalising first words of sentences.
Examples of spelling in a Sentence