somewhat ExamplesEN[ˈsʌmwɒt] [ˈsʌmwʌt]
- Examples of somewhat
- Somewhat too neatly, Johnson divides his characters into pro- and antilife factions [ … ] .
- Her manner was somewhat artificial.
- It dipped its brushy tail (somewhat resembling that of a fox) into the dish, and carried the milk in this manner to the mouth.
- But now it was afternoon--which, we all know, brings a somewhat more depressing air--and the budless thickets stood so close, so still, Saul became conscious that his load was a corpse.
- This is [ … ] a break with the practice at American diamond stores, where shopping for engagement rings is a solemnized and somewhat stressfully churchlike experience of awe and trembling before the altar of massive debt.
- Being aware of the danger of upsetting her audience, she was somewhat circumspect in her comments.
Examples of somewhat in a Sentence
- en somewhats