rightEN[ɹaɪt] [ɹaɪʔ(t̚)] [ɹeɪt] [ɹeɪʔt̚] [-aɪt]
- Examples of right
- Inspired, the scientist went right after the new idea.
- The bomb went off right after the president left his office.
- Hang a right at the next intersection.
- I'm going to have some pizza and a beer right now.
- My wife is having the baby right now!
- Oh, that's right. You said that yesterday, didn't you? I have a mind like a sieve.
- My brother doesn't always do the right thing, but he has his heart in the right place.
- I feel like the salesman hoodwinked me into buying right away.
- If we remove the restrictions, the bone will want to horizontalize itself. It will go to the position that is "normal" — right for that structure.
- White witnessed Dickey's athleticism in a more visceral way when they Indian wrestled, locking right arms and right legs and trying to throw each other.
- Examples of rights
- Some legal experts argue that the bill contravenes Canada's charter of rights and freedoms. Montreal constitutional lawyer Julius Grey told the Vancouver Sun that Bill 78 was "flagrantly unconstitutional".
- The values of the human rights movement have disseminated throughout the world.
- The king invaded the rights of the people.
- What worries me is that she is accused of “playing the gender card” when citing the old boys’ club, while he is seen as unifying by citing civil rights confrontations.
- to relinquish rights
- Those who don't stand up for their rights are apt to lose them.
- The government has stripped away some of our basic rights by passing a series of controversial laws.
- They will not submit to the destruction of their rights.
- The crossed hammer and sickle symbolise the union of workers and peasantry in their fight for their rights.
- Examples of righter
- The other two [...] are in a righter-than-thou pissing war. -- Geov Parrish,  .
- Examples of righted
- The tow-truck righted what was left of the automobile.
- When the wind died down, the ship righted.
- Examples of righting
- Righting all the wrongs of the war will be impossible.
- A self-righting life raft
- In short, his wits being quite gone, [Don Quixote] hit upon the strangest notion that ever madman in this world hit upon, and that was that he fancied it was right and requisite, as well for the support of his own honour as for the service of his country, that he should make a knight-errant of himself, roaming the world over in full armour and on horseback in quest of adventures, and putting in practice himself all that he had read of as being the usual practices of knights-errant; righting every kind of wrong, and exposing himself to peril and danger from which, in the issue, he was to reap eternal renown and fame.
- Examples of rightmost
- Start with the rightmost one and work towards the left.
- She tried the rightmost door first.
Examples of right in a Sentence