- Examples of resemble
- Brussels sprouts reach a length of 4 centimeters and resemble clusters of miniature cabbages.
- Some of the results resemble haikus.
- Some of the other procedures used in certain of the large group awareness training (LGAT) programs and their offshoots contain processes to humiliate people (they resemble fraternity hazing events).
- You have flies that resemble wasps and metalmark moths that mimic jumping spiders [ … ]
- Then come the neatballs ($3), nuts and seeds packed into a sphere, made to resemble meatballs.
- The results resemble spaetzle with a lovely nutty flavor.
- And while the performance hardly set pulses racing, it should be remembered that the side that starts the serious action against France in Donestsk on 11 June will not resemble the one on show in Oslo.
- Synthetic food can be texturized to make it resemble meat.
- Examples of resembles
- The church, which is situated near the centre of the town, exteriorly resembles a huge Dutch barn.
- The most distinctive physical attribute of the space is the bright red metal sculpture that resembles one of Claes Oldenburg's oversized clothespins, only slightly deconstructed. The artwork may be enjoyed on its own terms, but ...
- Patricia Delgado, though taller and paler-skinned, strongly resembles Jeanette, and in Miami they often dance together (in the “Emeralds” pas de trois from “Jewels,” for example, or leading successive divertissements in Balanchine’s “Swan Lake”).
- 1824, Walter Scott, The Edinburgh Annual Register - 1823 : Hircic acid is the odorous principle of soap, made of mutton suet, and it exists in so very small quantity....Its smell resembles that of a goat
- But among all the harmless reptiles of Texas, decidedly the most singular is the horned frog; it resembles the common frog [ …]
- Handel resembles Lully somewhat in his reputation for being a lover of the table and a neglecter of womankind.
- Chronic Idiopathic demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy, like Guillain-Barré syndrome, which it resembles, is a neurological disease, not a blood disease.
- “It is a pity,” he retorted with aggravating meekness, “that they do not use a little common sense. The case resembles that of Columbus' egg, and is every bit as simple. […]”
- Jan Švankmajer’s stop-motion looks angry, rough, and primal; Henry Selick’s is so polished and smooth that it resembles CGI.
- Examples of resembled
- He turned back to the scene before him and the enormous new block of council dwellings. The design was some way after Corbusier but the block was built up on plinths and resembled an Atlantic liner swimming diagonally across the site.
- This particular manifestation resembled a young girl crying.
- The fans mobbed a well-dressed couple who resembled their idols.
- Examples of resembling
- The production on “Liverpool 8” has the heft and definition of modern multitracking, resembling Mr. Starr’s early-1970s hits rather than the Beatles themselves.
- The witness was called in to create a photofit resembling her memory of the attacker.
- The worms start life as microscopic larvae inside tiny pondwater fleas but, once swallowed by people, emerge a year later as yard-long strands resembling fine spaghetti but wiggling out of acid-filled blisters, causing excruciating pain.
- "The tracks of his father's foot were gone. Where they had been were now long, watercloudy scoriations resembling the sporadic course of a Lilliputian mowing machine." ~William Faulkner
- The mallet is made of a hard heavy wood resembling ebony, is about twelve inches in length, and perhaps two in breadth, with a rounded handle at one end [ …] .
- And in this resembling the learning of an euill man to the seedes sowen in barren ground.
- The left diatom is overgrown by fungi and irregular organic matter, but structures resembling areolaes are visible through the organic cover.
- UMAF0158 has a gene cluster resembling that of the production of syringolin A (PSYRMG_24250–24275), a toxin that has been shown to counteract stomatal innate immunity in beans and Arabidopsis [84 ].
Examples of resembling in a Sentence
- en resemblingly