- Examples of resemble
- Here the princely hero is a nondancing cavalier amid the many swan-maidens who resemble the one with whom he is falling in love.
- The robot didn't just resemble a human girl, she was self-aware and conscious as well.
- So among the Alfoors of the island of Buru it is taboo to mention the names of parents and parents-in-law, or even to speak of common objects by words which resemble these names in sound.
- Bettongs rather resemble rats, having short noses, short, rounded ears, long hind feet and a naked muzzle tip
- Brussels sprouts reach a length of 4 centimeters and resemble clusters of miniature cabbages.
- Examples of resembles
- Chronic Idiopathic demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy, like Guillain-Barré syndrome, which it resembles, is a neurological disease, not a blood disease.
- “It is a pity,” he retorted with aggravating meekness, “that they do not use a little common sense. The case resembles that of Columbus' egg, and is every bit as simple. […]”
- Jan Švankmajer’s stop-motion looks angry, rough, and primal; Henry Selick’s is so polished and smooth that it resembles CGI.
- She points to a shooting board propped against the studio wall. It resembles a game of 52 card pickup which has been picked up in turn from the floor and pinned en masse to the board.
- Save for a rusty, seatless swing set, the Brinket-Hibbard Playlot resembles many vacant lots pockmarking Detroit's hardscrabble east side.
- It could be argued that the arrangement of clustered folial activity observed here resembles previously observed neurophysiological recordings showing microbands, beams, colonies, or patches.
- The chromosome 6 encoded utrophin structurally and functionally resembles dystrophin, although utrophin expression is reduced postnatally and confined preferentially at neuromuscular and myotendinous junctions in adult mice [3 –7 ].
- Examples of resembled
- He turned back to the scene before him and the enormous new block of council dwellings. The design was some way after Corbusier but the block was built up on plinths and resembled an Atlantic liner swimming diagonally across the site.
- This particular manifestation resembled a young girl crying.
- The fans mobbed a well-dressed couple who resembled their idols.
- Examples of resembling
- The witness was called in to create a photofit resembling her memory of the attacker.
- The worms start life as microscopic larvae inside tiny pondwater fleas but, once swallowed by people, emerge a year later as yard-long strands resembling fine spaghetti but wiggling out of acid-filled blisters, causing excruciating pain.
- "The tracks of his father's foot were gone. Where they had been were now long, watercloudy scoriations resembling the sporadic course of a Lilliputian mowing machine." ~William Faulkner
- The mallet is made of a hard heavy wood resembling ebony, is about twelve inches in length, and perhaps two in breadth, with a rounded handle at one end [ …] .
- And in this resembling the learning of an euill man to the seedes sowen in barren ground.
- The left diatom is overgrown by fungi and irregular organic matter, but structures resembling areolaes are visible through the organic cover.
- UMAF0158 has a gene cluster resembling that of the production of syringolin A (PSYRMG_24250–24275), a toxin that has been shown to counteract stomatal innate immunity in beans and Arabidopsis [84 ].
Examples of resembling in a Sentence
- en resemblingly