- Examples of repeat
- Hearts were keen to avoid a repeat of the scenario at this stage of last season's competition, when they found themselves two goals down inside the opening quarter of an hour.
- he was not obliged to repeat what he had received, in solution of a just debt
- You're breaking up. Can you repeat that?
- 1876, R.M. Ballantyne, Under the Waves; or, Diving in Deep Waters, Reprint edition, Gutenberg Project, published 2007 : ... then, waiting for low tide, we could taughten the chains again, and repeat the process till we got her ashore.
- The mother turned a blind eye to her son's mischief as she expected him not to repeat it.
- The winding streams and hanging hills repeat / Loud groans from ev'ry herd, from ev'ry fold / Complaintive murmurs; heaps on heaps they fall, / There where they fall they lie, corrupt and rot.
- For example, nacrein has a carbonic anhydrase domain and a Gly-X-Asn repeat domain.
- Additional diversity was recovered within the rbc spacer, where variations in the repeat number of a pentanucleotide microsatellite distinguished the haplotypes B1, B2 and B5 (Fig 3b ).
- Examples of repeats
- "Knock knock." "Who's there?" (The teller of the joke says a name.) (The person to whom the joke is being told repeats the name, followed by "who?") (The teller of the joke says a pun based on the name.)
- See how the artist repeats the scroll motif throughout the work?
- a , COS-7 cells were transfected with expression plasmids directing the expression of each of the indicated PrP deletion mutants (green, octapeptide repeats; red, globular domain; SS, signal sequence).
- At some point, the reservationist repeats what has been booked, and goes over the pricing.
- A senior mall-goer in Florida repeats this sentiment: “My wife and I come here three times a week. I sit on the bench, watch people and read a lot."
- Glycine loops are characterized by polyglycine repeats punctuated intermittently (every 3–6 residues in the head domain) by aromatic residues [46 ].
- In HIV-1 and foamy viruses, the polyadenylation signal (poly(A) signal) is found at both extremities of the viral progenome, in the redundant 5’ and 3’ long terminal repeats (LTRs).
- Hop is comprised of three tetracopeptide domains: TPR1, TPR2A, TPR2B and two dipeptide repeats (DP): DP1 and DP2.
- Examples of repeated
- We repeated this ritual of “no way - way, no way - way” over the years.
- It’s a nice day, what? (sometimes repeated, e.g.: What-what?)
- But when the playwright Lynn Nottage spoke the first two words of the title to Congolese women in the refugee camps of Uganda in 2004, she said, they repeated them in such a way that the words became woundingly new.
- (abstract) I like to fly. (repeated action) Polish example: Lubię latać. (infinitive: latać)
- “Well ?” I repeated with some acerbity. I had been wondering for the last ten minutes how many more knots he would manage to make in that same bit of string before he actually started undoing them again.
- Repeated incidents of air rage have led to stricter security on airplanes.
- The phrase repeated itself like the catch of a song.
- (abstract) I like to fly. (repeated action)
- there shall be generated such a consecution of colours, whose order, from the thin end towards the thick, shall be yellow, red, purple, blue, green, and these so often repeated
- The most important mortality affecting the larval population was most probably caused by the repeated desiccations of the marsh in the summer.
- Examples of repeating
- The effort is being made with more than the usual level of cooperation between House and Senate Republicans, with Republican leaders of the two chambers appearing in tandem and lawmakers repeating their antibudget criticism almost as a mantra.
- We suggest lawmakers fight their anxiety by quietly repeating the name Jack Abramoff, Jack Abramoff the imprisoned superlobbyist who corrupted House members as a prevote mantra.
- Some years back, when I was leaving China for England with young children, their faithful Chinese nurse kept on repeating to the little ones the following remarkable sentence, "My too muchey solly you go steamah; you no solly my."
- Saul Bellow wrote his last novel, “Ravelstein,” at age 84, and the book is a masterpiece, marred only by the fact that Bellow, in his elderliness, did keep on repeating himself [ … ] .
- I'm repeating it: I wish that you would go this path up to its end, that you shall find salvation!
- Shaking his head, he kept repeating "No, no, no".
Examples of repeats in a Sentence
Other VocabularyLook-Alike Words