- Examples of record
- Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
- within five seconds of breaking the record; within an inch of falling overboard
- Lizzie has broken a world record, and is now an Olympic medallist! – Hooray!
- He broke the men's 100-meter record.
- Even before Hurricane Sandy, New York was sheltering more homeless people than any city in the United States: a record 47,000 women, men and children, in a system strained to the breaking point.
- Kim Goodman holds the world record for bugging out her eyes.
- I was called a "buffoon" in the paper of record, the New York Times, and the Washington Post described me fondly as "Clinton's gunsel," his button man
- Examples of records
- In preparing the contract, we'll make a carbon copy for our records.
- A Jazz at Lincoln Center concert in their honor is almost something to dread: not necessarily because the records are technically beyond reach, but because such an event can quickly become a knowing lob to the fetishizers.
- Like almost everyone else in her world, Aya records everything she does with the help of a semi-sentient hovercam (a sort of floating soccer ball that's a cross between R2D2 and Weegee), using the resulting footage to boost her face rank.
- Its great development, as well as the use of many small instruments (kithara, flute, etc.), go far to prove that music must have formed a larger part of woman's domestic life than the actual records show.
- The spy obtained his phone records using possibly-illegal pretexting methods.
- Gavin Ward's tool-assisted speedrun of Sonic 3 & Knuckles has no fewer than 160,027 re-records.
- I still like records better than CDs.
- Examples of recorded
- Data on rare TMB anomalies, such as preligamentous and supraligamentous courses of TMB, was recorded from the studies but not included in the meta-analysis.
- In the study by Walen et al., the subplatysmal skin flaps were completely raised before the operative time was recorded.
- While nine barnacle species are recorded for the German sectors of the North and Baltic Sea [95 ], the total number of thecostracan species inhabiting the North Sea is unknown.
- The finding that CNM was recorded only from nymphs, and not from larvae, corresponds well with earlier studies and may suggest that CNM is not transovarially transmitted.
- He recorded with his fellow altoist Phil Woods in 2004, formed the Bud Shank Big Band in 2005, and confirmed how creative and uncliched a simple sax-and-piano duo could be in 2006's Beyond the Door, recorded with the pianist Bill Mays.
- Examples of recording
- Asa is in the recording studio, sipping diamond water and laying down some “post-trip-hop galactical Persian vibes”.
- The homogenate was centrifuged at 1,500 g for 5 min, and TNAP activity in the supernatant was measured using p-nitrophenyl phosphate pNPP as substrate at pH 10.4 and recording the absorbance of nitrophenolate at 405nm (ԑ is equal to 18.8 mM -1 cm -1 ) [35 ].
- The recording system was operating from sunset until 01:00 AM to limit recording time to the first peak of bat activity during the night [39 –40 ] and to allow the collection of data and replacement of batcorders on other, and often quite distant, grassland plots for the next night.
- Recording was performed under three visual conditions (eyes open fixating a target: EO, eyes closed: EC and eyes open in perturbed vision with optocinetic stimulation: OPTO) on stable (S) and unstable support surfaces (U).
Examples of records in a Sentence