quantity ExamplesEN[ˈkwɑndədi] [ˈkwɑnɾəɾi] [ˈkwɒn.tɪ.ti] [ˈkwɑntɨti] [ˈkwɑntɨɾi] [ˈkwɑnɾɨɾi] [ˈkwɑnɨɾi]
CA UK US US
- Examples of quantity
- ...according to the quantity thereof, we may cess the said rent and allowance issuing thereout.
- The police raid uncovered a large quantity of child porn on the teacher's laptop.
- She dolloped a generous quantity of mustard on her hot dog.
- The flour was doughed with a suitable quantity of water.
- 1824, Walter Scott, The Edinburgh Annual Register - 1823 : Hircic acid is the odorous principle of soap, made of mutton suet, and it exists in so very small quantity....Its smell resembles that of a goat
- Yet, what is being presupposed is not some pre-formed or innate quantity of relevant information in the head of the informee, but just the presence in a of some relevance-detecting capacity, implicit in the description of a as a rational agent.
- Many of the young girls are compelled, by their mothers, to devour a great quantity of kouskous, and drink a large bowl of camel's milk every morning....
- Even a minuscule quantity of matter contains an incredible amount of mass energy.
- Examples of quantities
- impossible quantities, or imaginary numbers
- They found only minute quantities of chemical residue on his clothing.
- This plant bottles vast quantities of spring water every day.
- A good cook can often just eyeball the correct quantities of ingredients.
- Many reactive metals rapidly pump large quantities of active gases because they getter (react with) the gases.
- The water sample to be tested has been spiked with arsenic, antimony, mercury, and lead in quantities commonly found in industrial effluents.
Examples of quantity in a Sentence