player ExamplesEN[ˈpleɪə(ɹ)] [-eɪə(ɹ)]
- Examples of player
- The tennis player seeded into the quarters.
- The player had four service faults in the set.
- The coach sidelined the player until he regained his strength.
- In the first half we had a sideline cut, and as the ball was dropping in I could tell the Tipp player in front of me was gone up too early for it and wasn't going to get to it.
- The l, 2, and 4 players run picks; the picks are set to free up the 1 player for a sideline cut.
- The tennis player was accused of taking bribes to throw the match.
- I used to be a great chess player but I've lost my touch.
- Examples of players
- Different from casual whistling, puccalo is considered a musical instrument that players can master to perform many kinds of music—from classical and jazz to blues and rock.
- This new game is reported to have excellent replayability, with many features that draw players into the game's engaging world.
- Yet it was not easy, on the balance of play, to be convinced by Pellegrini and his defeated players that the reprieve might somehow be a defining moment over the two legs.
- If one players plays a trump, the others must return a trump.
- The Dallas Mavericks beat the Miami Heat because their team had solid role players like J.J. Berea and Shawn Marion.
- Now I don’t wish ill will on any golfer — well, maybe that one sandbagger in my weekly league — but there’s something about watching players with perfect swings and the utmost talent intimidated by an expanse of water just like the rest of us.
- Many great players started out playing sandlot baseball. (This example uses the adjectivized form).
- Founded in 1975 and led by the violinist Richard Tognetti since 1989, the orchestra looks youthful and hip onstage, its players clad in varying shades of black semiformality.
- given a coalitional game with a set N of n players and a worth function .
- The players came to the stadium for the morning shootaround.
Examples of player in a Sentence