personEN[ˈpɹsn̩] [ˈpɝsən] [ˈpɜːsən] [-ɜː(ɹ)sən]
- Examples of person
- to stab a dagger into a person
- to stab a person's reputation
- One person charged with that task was Bob Whitehill, the lead stereographer.
- to strain the law in order to convict an accused person
- She's a quiet, bookish person, but she has a rebellious streak.
- The next step was the invention of the self-tailing device, whereby the need for a tailer, holding the sheet or halyard while another person operated the winch, was eliminated.
- I took him to be a person of honor. ; He was often taken to be a man of means.
- Looks like it's gonna take a taller person to get that down. Finishing this on schedule will take a lot of overtime.
- Examples of people
- 12 per cent of noninterviews were people who said they were too busy for the survey.
- He’s using people in a nonloving fashion to serve the purpose of his argument.
- Most people in Hollywood actually have nonmovie jobs.
- To put it in nonstatistical terms, a lot of people are dying.
- When I was a child, it was a very nonvisual universe, and people with a sense of the visual were not respected."
- Why do you act so prudish whenever you see nude people?
- Before removing objectionable material, you'll have to decide what will offend people.
- The main difference between people seems to be, that one man can come under obligations on which you can rely, — is obligable; and another is not. — Emerson.
- When you speak clearly, people understand you. If you don't mumble, the obverse effect is observed.
- Examples of persons
- One, by a lawyer for the City of Nogales, says, “How many non-Hispanic-looking persons get subjected to nonimmigration questions?
- Again some persons are too right-handed (I question, indeed, whether one-handedness, whether right or left be chiefly employed, does not in all cases involve a loss of power).
- Although weighting strategies were used to optimize the representativity of the general population, it is plausible that our results were biased because persons with a history of mental disorders might have been less likely to participate.
- Examples of personed
- three-personed God
Examples of person in a Sentence