personEN[ˈpɹsn̩] [ˈpɝsən] [ˈpɜːsən] [-ɜː(ɹ)sən]
- Examples of person
- a person who works nondaytime shifts
- For Aucklanders who know what it means, this person is a Westie. — 
- Cognitive dissonance exists when a person possesses two cognitions, one of which is contradictory to the other
- You're like the realest person I've ever met.
- Then how about this: How about out-adulting the person who's driving you crazy. In other words, being the bigger adult.
- The choice of the Aloha Camps was a happy one; but Mrs. Gulick should be designated as camp director instead of camp mother. Camp mother is used to designate the person in charge of midgets at a boys' camp.
- The LD person may face a task in some way related to cross-handedness.
- Examples of people
- Pookie: "They call it the "Enterprise Room", man, because it's for people who wanna be beamed up to Scotty."
- Many people had looked but it was unusual to see these searches bearing fruit.
- Three people were hurt in the fire at the warehouse last night, which begs the question: what were they doing there in the first place?
- Are these "statistics" they cite verifiable, or are they just blowing smoke, trying to scare people?
- The police are hoping to find the people who burned down the cottage.
- After six months of twelve-hour workdays, most people just burn out and quit.
- I can't stand people who smoke in public places.
- Malaria carried off many people.
- Examples of persons
- God is no exceptor of persons; a soul is a soul, whether it be the soul of a pontiff, a king or a sage, or the soul of the unborn babe of the last woman of the people.
- As persons, therefore—gigantic individualities—they wheeled into the feudal ranks and assumed feudal powers and responsibilities.
- All manner of persons participate.
- The persons of whom I speak have a terror of the very name and mention of the law. They are the morbid subjects of a kind of nomophobia, being in danger of going into fits at every allusion to it[...].
- The demographer noted each persons' gender, age, and nuptiality.
- Examples of personed
- three-personed God
Examples of person in a Sentence