painting ExamplesEN[ˈpeɪn.tɪŋ] [-eɪntɪŋ]
- Examples of painting
- In the painting, the enslaved and (as conjectured by historian Steven Weisenburger) sexually abused Margaret Garner betrays her liaison with her owner Archibald Gaines with an exposed, openhanded gesture toward him.
- The use of simple, primary colors in the painting gave it a parochial feel.
- a peristrephic painting of a panorama
- "The painting uses polylineal writing to create a brown texture over the lower third of the canvas."
- He spent hours painting the eyes of the portrait, which his fellow artists regarded as a bit precious.
- His painting his name of my car was more than regrettable, it was criminal.
- Each 16-by-13-inch painting has a wall to itself, creating a sanctuarylike environment.
- Secco painting, or painting in secco, is painting on dry plaster, as distinguished from fresco painting, on wet or fresh plaster.
- Examples of paintings
- Prehistoric artists used hand-prints in cave paintings, perhaps as as 'signature'. They might be considered the earliest example of a biometric identifier.
- Over the next two years he finished two paintings and a drawing that referred to Hart Crane, the American poet who jumped off a ship in midsea and drowned.
- The Mona Lisa is one of the most famous paintings.
- A reinventor of rephotography, Mr. Prince has cannily parlayed his jaundiced view of society, especially its macho subcultures, into an array of market-friendly paintings and sculpture.
- Three irreplaceable paintings were stolen from the gallery.
- This seems simplistic, as [ … ] his oeuvre is as obsessed with death as a museum full of trecento paintings.
- The paintings seem concerned, if understatedly, about despoliation and other human tweakings of the landscape.
- The ceiling is covered with paintings of scriptural subjects, which still remain, notwithstanding that the building is now desecrated, and used as a woodhouse by the neighboring farmer.
Examples of painting in a Sentence