- Examples of paint
- The artist smeared paint over the canvas in broad strokes.
- The paint is still wet — don't touch it or it will smear.
- They gave her room, all right, especially if her medium happened to be water color, as Judy was a grand splasher and spared neither water nor paint.
- The canvas was covered by seemingly careless splats of paint.
- He splattered paint onto the wall.
- He had a hard time cleaning up the paint splatters on the carpet.
- They defaced the garden fence with splatterings of paint.
- to stain wood with acids, coloured washes, paint rubbed in, etc.
- I swirled my brush around in the paint.
- Examples of paints
- In all these he paints only the one woman, of concentrated, unconsidering passion, ready to sacrifice heaven and defy hell for a guilty man, beloved in spite of religion or reason.
- Jim's aunt paints beautiful watercolours.
- The levels of lead in marine hull paints are still unacceptably high.
- Drying oils are used as the bases of many paints and varnishes.
- Although it is both transitive and intransitive, paint is not an ergative verb, because when we say "Bob paints", this is very different from when we say "Bob gets painted".
- 2008 May/Jun, Erin Barnes, “Glossed Over”, E: The Environmental Magazine, volume 19, number 3, page 21: Every day we are exposed to low doses of phthalates in food containers, perfumes, hairsprays, floorings, paints, toys and medical devices.
- No two mixings of these paints are ever the same.
- She paints and powders.
- Turpentine or mineral spirits can be used as a thinner for oil based paints.
- Examples of painted
- I took a big piece of paper and then just painted flowers all over the place.
- It's the watered-down versions you cant look at: the lacquered baroquey mirror, the dining room table with the zebra rug under it, those Chippendale chairs, the dark-painted walls.
- The dinghy was trailing astern at the end of its painter, and Merrion looked at it as he passed. He saw that it was a battered-looking affair of the prahm type, with a blunt snout, and like the parent ship, had recently been painted a vivid green.
- [ … ] the dim, tall, blocklike shadows behind the trees make it start to look, weirdly, as if this were Central Park as painted by Vuillard.
- The fore was painted white.
- 1972: The inside walls would be beautifully painted and hung with tapestries, and every cross-timber or falcon's perch was carved and gewgawed with toads, snakes, dragon shapes, deer, cows, pigs, trees, trolls. — John Gardner, Grendel (London 1972, p. 31)
- Examples of painting
- The shop was reframing the painting.
- He took up painting with his wife.
- He managed to talk his way out of painting the fence.
- You must wash the wall down well before painting.
- Artist Tim Patch - also known as "Pricasso" - of Australia, has an unorthodox method of painting
- Martin Maloney 's painting, Sony Levi, with its assured cack-handedness and considered vacuity can stand as an emblem of the movement.
- Tube color diluted with acrylic medium lends itself especially well to drybrush painting.
- Poonah painting; a Poonah brush; Poonah paper
Examples of painted in a Sentence