- Examples of oppose
- What Miscreant quisquilian Scraps and Fragments have the Arians, Papists and Socinians to oppose to all those deliberate and concordant Testimonies?
- How durst he, I say, oppose thy curship! — Hudibras.
- Defiance-based paradox is employed so that the family will actively oppose and deliberately sabotage the prescription.
- The emphatic speaker dearly loves to oppose, In contact inconvenient, nose to nose. As if the gnomon on his neighbour's phiz, Touched with the magnet had attracted his.
- There’s only a smattering of people who oppose the first amendment.
- to oppose the king in battle; to oppose a bill in Congress
- There is still time to oppose this plan.
- Many religious leaders oppose cloning humans.
- to oppose a rival for a prize
- Examples of opposes
- The icon of the blue ribbon on her site should not be taken to mean she opposes parental filtration programs.
- Britain's leading green commentator, George Monbiot, gives the head of the Campaign to Protect Rural England an unforgettable grilling, asking why the countryside watchdog opposes windfarms - but not opencast coal mines
- Hezbollah opposes Zionists.
- Community Board 4 also generally opposes requests for street renamings, according to Robert J. Benfatto Jr., the district manager.
- Curran, who opposes the papal ban on contraception, contends theologians may legitimately dissent from noninfallible teachings.
- Examples of opposed
- The proneness of animals is opposed to the erect posture of human beings.
- She now counts many of those people among her friends and considers herself a scooter girl--someone for whom scootering is the primary interest, as opposed to a mod or a skinhead, for whom the scooter is just one component of a complex subculture. "
- A shutout is a reverse strike: the union complained and the workers wanted to work, but management was opposed.
- "a Schwarzschild spacetime," "a Reissner-Nordström spacetime," etc. as opposed to sense (2) describing the universe's spacetime as a whole: "a Minkowski spacetime," "a 5-dimensional spacetime," etc.
- The decision to strip-mine was opposed by environmentalists.
- [W]hat do you females (lurkers included :-) think of boxers as opposed to the traditional Fruit-O-The-Loom/Hanes "tighty-whities"?
- They are opposed to any form of hierarchy.
- [ …] a wider professional complacency about these interventions has encouraged women to see such adjustments as worthwhile, as opposed to what they usually are: an astonishing, almost comically cynical pathologising of the healthy.
- The use of the vowel fatHa (or in English "a") simply refers to the participant as being the one receiving the "action" as opposed to the use of kasra (or "i" in English) which denotes the participant "doing" the action rather than receiving it.
- Examples of opposing
- The opposing team's forward hooked me, but the referee didn't see it, so no penalty.
- Those opposing the building plans were in the majority, so the building project was canceled.
- The government have done a U-turn and are now supporting greater European integration instead of opposing it.
- The opposing political party is deploying high profile speakers to counterprogram the convention with small rallies at nearby sites.
- Well, if you ask me, Pastor Hawkins is trying to hold with the hare and run with the hounds by opposing casino gambling when his church operates a bingo game every Thursday night.
- We overpowered the opposing army within a couple of hours.
- In his first year, his hitting tore up the league's opposing pitchers.
- He was on record as opposing abortion.
- If her manner of opposing the debate was deemed objectionable (she scoffed a little, saying that the lack of female parity in society was more of an issue), there were ways for people to disagree without resorting to lurid terrorisations.
Examples of opposed in a Sentence
- en opposedness