- Examples of oppose
- What Miscreant quisquilian Scraps and Fragments have the Arians, Papists and Socinians to oppose to all those deliberate and concordant Testimonies?
- How durst he, I say, oppose thy curship! — Hudibras.
- Defiance-based paradox is employed so that the family will actively oppose and deliberately sabotage the prescription.
- The emphatic speaker dearly loves to oppose, In contact inconvenient, nose to nose. As if the gnomon on his neighbour's phiz, Touched with the magnet had attracted his.
- There’s only a smattering of people who oppose the first amendment.
- to oppose the king in battle; to oppose a bill in Congress
- There is still time to oppose this plan.
- Many religious leaders oppose cloning humans.
- to oppose a rival for a prize
- Examples of opposes
- The icon of the blue ribbon on her site should not be taken to mean she opposes parental filtration programs.
- Britain's leading green commentator, George Monbiot, gives the head of the Campaign to Protect Rural England an unforgettable grilling, asking why the countryside watchdog opposes windfarms - but not opencast coal mines
- Hezbollah opposes Zionists.
- Community Board 4 also generally opposes requests for street renamings, according to Robert J. Benfatto Jr., the district manager.
- Curran, who opposes the papal ban on contraception, contends theologians may legitimately dissent from noninfallible teachings.
- Examples of opposed
- The proneness of animals is opposed to the erect posture of human beings.
- She now counts many of those people among her friends and considers herself a scooter girl--someone for whom scootering is the primary interest, as opposed to a mod or a skinhead, for whom the scooter is just one component of a complex subculture. "
- A shutout is a reverse strike: the union complained and the workers wanted to work, but management was opposed.
- "a Schwarzschild spacetime," "a Reissner-Nordström spacetime," etc. as opposed to sense (2) describing the universe's spacetime as a whole: "a Minkowski spacetime," "a 5-dimensional spacetime," etc.
- The decision to strip-mine was opposed by environmentalists.
- [W]hat do you females (lurkers included :-) think of boxers as opposed to the traditional Fruit-O-The-Loom/Hanes "tighty-whities"?
- They are opposed to any form of hierarchy.
- [ …] a wider professional complacency about these interventions has encouraged women to see such adjustments as worthwhile, as opposed to what they usually are: an astonishing, almost comically cynical pathologising of the healthy.
- Examples of opposing
- opposing armies
- She pictured the runty Marine general--a veteran of the Nicaraguan campaigns--standing feistily between opposing texts.
- Fans from opposing teams clashed on the streets after the game.
- As a ploy to discredit the reformist politician, the opposing party had hired a lookalike to act as his evil twin and be seen in a variety of compromising situations.
- Well, 'sorry to have bruised your fee fees with an intelligent, opposing viewpoint [ …]
- The opposing team's forward hooked me, but the referee didn't see it, so no penalty.
- Those opposing the building plans were in the majority, so the building project was canceled.
- The government have done a U-turn and are now supporting greater European integration instead of opposing it.
- The opposing political party is deploying high profile speakers to counterprogram the convention with small rallies at nearby sites.
Examples of opposed in a Sentence
- en opposedness