objectEN[ˈɒb.dʒɛkt] [ˈɑb.dʒɛkt] [əbˈdʒɛkt] [-ɛkt]
- Examples of object
- «Let J be an index category which has an initial object I. Let F be a diagram of type J in C. Then category C contains a cone from F(I) to F.»
- A sentence may be constructed with a subject, verb and object.
- The tool performs a descendency check to ensure the object is in fact a descendant before allowing the operation to proceed.
- He employs an equatorial with an object-glass having a focal length of five metres, and which was diaphragmed down to eight centimetres.
- the disproportion of strength or means to an object
- More problematic is the essentialism that interests modal logicians, namely "the view that some attributes belong to an object by necessity whereas others belong to it contingently."
- The transfer of heat from a hot object by means of upward hot air currents from the object, is due to free convection.
- The object of the snood swivels, in which the gangings are so easily adjustable, is to save time in removing the fish and in baiting the hooks.
- Examples of objects
- We have already seen that it is not blur, or blurredness, itself, since, the special case of photographical images and suchlike apart, this attaches not to objects themselves but only to representations of objects.
- One well-known category has sets as objects and functions as arrows.
- Programming languages with lazy evaluation support corecursion so that the programmer can refer to infinite objects.
- This familial relic may be rich with meaning, but when it comes to objects, Mr. Demand is not an investor but a divester.
- Unscrambling the dogpile of objects can be messy.
- Landscape gardening or landscape architecture is the art that seeks the production of the most beautiful landscape effects, ensembling the various objects of interest into a grand whole and harmonious unit.
- Today, even as Mr. Haeg is putting his beloved geodome on the market and deaccessioning unnecessary objects, there is one thing he is hanging onto.
- During the haunting, strange voices and noises were heard and objects flew off tables.
- Examples of objected
- The shareholders objected to the stock offering as dilutive, leaving them with little or no leverage.
- Tony had objected that she did not want anything so "schooly," and that the very fact that Jean liked the Hostelry would be proof positive that she, Tony, would not like it.
- The once famous actor objected to his costar having a bigger dressing room.
- Many people objected to the government allowing entry to so many economic refugees.
- She objected to Beauchamp's intemperateness and unsparingness, as if she was for conveying a sisterly warning to Cecilia; and that being off her mind, she added, smiling a little and colouring a little: 'We learn only from men what men are.'
- The patron sent back the steak because he objected to its rareness.
- An 1890 article in The New York Times debated the ethics of tipping porters : “Tipping is objected to by austere and frugal American moralists upon the ground that it undermines the manhood and self-respect of the tippee.
Examples of object in a Sentence