number ExamplesEN[ˈnʌm.bə] [ˈnʌm.bɚ] [ˈnʌmə] [ˈnʌmɚ]
US US adjective
- Examples of number
- The number 0.00236 is written in scientific notation as 2.36×10−3 or as 2.36E-3.
- I correspond with a great number of scientifictionists, and I know they have remarked to me a number of times that AMAZING STORIES ran letters of theirs nine or ten months after they had been submitted.
- The large number of good candidates made selection difficult.
- You can find a fair number of stage bootlegs if you know your way around the shadowlands of file sharing, but not nearly enough of it is available via normal commercial channels.
- Shannon entropy H is given by the formula where pi is the probability of character number i showing up in a stream of characters of the given "script".
- But considering the impossibly large number of flakes in a single snowfall, let alone that have ever fallen, how could snowologists have possibly taken a sample large enough to conclude that no two are alike?
- In this region the average spraint number per site is 3.9.
- Examples of numbers
- The factors of 220, excluding 220 itself, are 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 11, 20, 22, 44, 55 and 110 and sum to 284; the factors of 284, excluding 284 itself, are 1, 2, 4, 71, and 142, and sum to 220; hence 220 and 284 are amicable numbers.
- He said increased baitfish numbers after an upwelling of nutrient-rich water three years ago had contributed to the increase in shark numbers.
- Bastides began to appear in numbers under the terms of the Treaty of Paris (1229), which permitted Raymond VII of Toulouse to build new towns in his shattered domains, though not to fortify them.
- Ask the billpayer before calling premium-rate telephone numbers.
- If you don't understand, ask him to break down the numbers for you.
- The smallest cardinal numbers are 0, 1, 2, and 3.
- As the numbers grew, the manager offices gave way to coffices with a bit less privacy of course.
- The complement of the odd numbers is the even numbers, relative to the natural numbers.
- Examples of numbered
- AFSl is made up of thirteen bifolds, or fifty-two pages (each unfolded folio measuring 13.5 x 21 inches), beginning with the title page and continuing for fifty-one numbered pages.
- We aren't sure how we happened to find ourself numbered among the ultraliberal patsies rather than the pigeons of rock-ribbed conservatism [ … ] .
- Following this line, I soon came upon a yellow, vestibuled car numbered 1852—of a plain, double-trucked type common from 1900 to 1910.
- Since they were nonconsecutively numbered, it was difficult to find out whether any of the barcoded goods were missing.
- In zero-based indexing, array variables in a computer program are numbered upwards from zero.
- When an italicized label or guide phrase follows a boldface numeral, the label or phrase applies only to that specific numbered sense and its subsenses.
- Nine numbered symphonies, including the Fifth, were composed by Beethoven.
- Examples of numbering
- 2006, Robert J. MacPherson, Buckner Hinkle, W. Alexander Moseley, Discovery deskbook for construction disputes, p. 73: When Bates numbering documents for production, remove any documents among them that are not relevant or not covered by the request before Bates numbering...
Examples of number in a Sentence