- Examples of nation
- the nation's motherhood
- both principles are necessary to a nation,--that in proportion as the muliebrity of the one sex declines, the virility of the other also lessens
- Perhaps it's neurogeography: an attempt to reveal not the collective mind of the nation but its nervous system.
- The library of the British Museum is [ …] rich in manuscripts, rich in palaeotypes, rich in the science, history, and literature of every age and nation.
- Following the general election, Jane Doe took her oath of office as a member of the nation's fifth parliament.
- to plunge a dagger into the breast; to plunge a nation into war
- Examples of nations
- to bind the conscience; to bind by kindness; bound by affection; commerce binds nations to each other.
- In this brave new world, the IMF and other Western financial institutions dictated radical free trade "shock treatment" to both developing nations and the former USSR ...
- The diplomat accused the other nation's leader of brinkmanship for refusing to redeploy the troops along their nations' shared border.
- One of the most insignificant-looking men I ever saw then became the destroyer of nations, the leveller of mountains, the exhauster of the ocean.
- They tortured and put to death English factors in the Spice Islands; they descended upon the fisheries of the North Sea in huge fleets escorted by men-of-war that attacked and sank the fishermen of other nations
- Mr. Karzai and General Musharraf are expected to meet this week at a jirga, an assembly of leaders from their nations.
Examples of nations in a Sentence
- fr nations