letters ExamplesEN[ˈlɛtɚz] [ˈlɛtəz]
- Examples of letter
- “As a result,” the letter stated, “you received an overissuance of food stamps in the amount of $0.”
- to overlook a gang of laborers; to overlook one who is writing a letter
- The word "nature" is commonly pronounced with a palatalization of the letter t to sound like ch.
- At the southern tip of the island that was shaped like a letter qof they splashed up a stone embankment and clambered stiff and stumbling like unarticulated iron beings.
- Monday was a red letter day for her. She accomplished a lot and had fun doing it.
- We saw losses for the days in a row, but Black Tuesday was the worst red letter day of them all.
- Eni released a subdued statement Monday saying only that it had "received a letter in the last few days with an offer for friendly rediscussion of the contract."
- But text typefaces were still a problem if Lubalin was to fully realize his vision. You couldn't cut and repaste every letter there.
- ( intransitive ) Please reply to my letter.
- Examples of letters
- In English. many letters are heterographic.
- The original Greek alphabet of sixteen letters was called kyriological, because it represented the pure elementary sounds.
- L and R are liquid letters.
- Mr. Kempthorne, who has long opposed Indian casinos on nonreservation land, said in his letters that the casinos would be too far away to offer jobs to tribal residents and that forcing residents to relocate would hurt the reservations.
- Examples of lettered
- The psychology of the influence of external forms on the conscious reactions of the masses is so far usually considered only when, as often happens, the most fundamental demands are violated; for instance, when objects which are to give the impression of ease are painted in colors which give a heavy, clumsy appearance, or vice versa, when book-bindings are lettered in archaic type which makes the reading of the title impossible for a passer-by, and in many similar antipsychological absurdities which any stroll through the streets of a modern city forces on us.
- Examples of lettering
- The backwards lettering on emergency vehicles makes it possible to read in the rear-view mirror.
- His distinctive, frenetic minimalism, condensed lettering and rebuslike signature (“H. Kurtz,” with a little figure of a “man” at the end) were developed during the course of this strip.
- On a recent afternoon a work crew and crane were affixing the tall lettering to the side of the team’s new stadium, just off the autobahn in Sinsheim, a few miles from Hoffenheim.
- The lettering on the sign made it clear that intruders were unwelcome.
Examples of letters in a Sentence