language ExamplesEN[ˈlæŋɡwɪdʒ] [ˈleɪŋɡwɪdʒ]
- Examples of language
- There's a lot of violence and bad language in this programme — are you sure it's going to be airable?
- The language of the Faerie Queene was made archaic Language:— in order to be in keeping with the chivalry of bygone ages that formed its subject.
- Hittite is a basal Indo-European language.
- batonic gestures in sign language
- What was that story about a human ambassador who went into space to learn the language of a huge betentacled alien, and finally learned it but gained tentacles in the bargain?
- In fact, the Language Research Center at Georgia State University has engaged in continuous social, cognitive and biobehavioral research on primates, including language training and research, since 1981.
- He speaks Brabantian with his schoolmates, and the standard language in the classroom and with unfamiliar teachers at the playground, a classic example of diglossia.
- a brachiomanual gesture in sign language
- Jane has been studying case in Caucasian languages. Latin is a language that employs case.
- Hausa is the most widely spoken Chadic language.
- Examples of languages
- Mass lexical comparison is not a proven method for demonstrating relationships between languages.
- My nephew is a sharp lad; he can count to 100 in six languages, and he's only five years old.
- Northeast Caucasian languages like Tsez and Bezhta have a subessive case.
- Many languages do not distinguish countable nouns from uncountable nouns.
- unexcelled at learning languages
- He was a perfect matter of the Greek, Latin and French languages; and, which is seldom known to happen, had at once such a prodigious memory, and unexhaustible fund of wit, as would have singly been admired, and much more united.
- Are sign languages writable?
- In alphabetically written languages the conventions governing the graphemic system G are intimately connected with those governing the phonemic system P
- We propose in this paper to use the comparison of genetically and areally unrelated languages in the study of universals of semantic change
Examples of language in a Sentence