- Examples of interest
- Rising interest rates have kited the cost of housing.
- As soon as the knobber started galloping, all the other stags, who. till now, had taken but a languid interest, if any, in his movements, jumped on to their feet.
- Though I do not wish to get bogged down in minutiae of interest only to fanatical Kubrickologists [ …]
- Every man's interest is his own lookout.
- Metalexicography can be divided into five fields of interest; the first is lexicographic theory [ …]
- The purpose of a neg is to lower a woman's self esteem while actively displaying a lack of interest in her—by telling her she has lipstick on her teeth, for example, or offering her a piece of gum after she speaks.
- By contrast, Ms. Minis pointed out, a nondescendant who had bought an interest in some land in the state’s wildlife management area was being allowed to swap it for a 60-year lease in Hog Hammock.
- His first letter was not a real offer, but an attempt to determine interest.
- Passion fruit are added for visual interest.
- A slice of passion fruit was added to the dessert for visual interest.
- Examples of interests
- Dull job, no interests, no dates. He's really in a rut.
- His lesson in Hamburg had taught him that a novus homo must not be arrogant when he enters the society of the scientocracy, and that he must not run himself rashly against vested interests.
- And even though I have gone on to find other interests, I remain at heart a "trufan."
- It beggars belief to suppose that corporate policies can always pursue the best interests of a company.
- As Ms Shafak summarises, “the state is privileged, all-powerful and yet paradoxically safeguarded as if it were a fragile entity in need of protection.” Between it and its citizens a gulf looms; conversely, officials elide its interests with their own.
- Clinton and I became peripherally involved with a pair of Leckford Road girls who, principally sapphic in their interests, would arrange for sessions of group frolic. Christopher Hitchens, Hitch-22
- "The tragedy of the commons" is that none wish to make sacrifices of their or their family's interests for the common good.
- Examples of interested
- Since getting divorced, I’ve been going to bathhouses because I’m interested in exploring an alternative lifestyle.
- Some collectors are interested in the backcards as well as the toys themselves.
- Circle the jobs that you are interested in applying for.
- I sent out some feelers but they didn't seem interested.
- I floated the idea of free ice-cream on Fridays, but no one was interested.
- 2007 June, Gregory Mone, “Invention: A New Breed of Mouse”, Popular Science, volume 270, number 6, page 56: He pauses, as if hesitant to mention the godhead of computer design aloud, and adds, "Maybe even something Apple would be interested in."
- Examples of interesting
- I'm not into slash, so I haven't read any of the Harry/Draco stuff, and I can ony[sic] tolerate so much "teen romance" but some of the longer Potterfic pieces have some VERY interesting ideas being expounded.
- This made whiff whaff, pom pom or gossima-as table tennis was known then—more active and interesting.
- I have too many friends in Philedom. It's going to be very interesting to see how we survive the 8th season and still keep our Internet communities in tact.[sic]
- It is interesting to note that genes belonging to the biosynthesis gene cluster of the secondary metabolite pseurotin A [36 ] (grouped in the ID 01.20) were specifically induced by caspofungin (Fig 2F and 2G ).
- Finally, it was interesting to note how "Patrick" included the pentecostalists in his list of the many derelicts and misfits that roam the hallways of the school.
- Again, for New York to have a stagione house is an interesting departure.
- What I found turned out to be one of the best beer-drinking destinations I’d visited in Europe, a friendly and undertouristed city of about 750,000 inhabitants — large enough to be interesting, though still walkable.
- This is an interesting trick, but I include it with some reluctance because it requires one very quick-handed juggler, and since quick-handedness and klutziness are not often associated, this might create a problem.
Examples of interests in a Sentence