- Examples of instrument
- There will also be a short set by Roberto Corona and Stefano Pinna, who'll play the launeddas, an ancient Sardinian triple-reed instrument that produces a bagpipelike drone.
- A gently droning main theme on a dulcimerlike instrument sets the mood as other instruments enter with delicate sliding figurations, speckled bursts of percussion and sustained chords that sound entrancingly off-pitch.
- At present, no single instrument can replace excisional biopsies for obtaining information.
- The coquette, therefore, I must distinguish by that musical instrument which is commonly known by the name of a Kit, that is more jiggish than the Fiddle itself, and never sounds but to dance. — Tatler.
- a lutelike instrument
- A microscope is an optical instrument.
- an otacoustic instrument
- a pneumatic instrument or engine
- He sounds the instrument.
- Examples of instruments
- The work is scored for an unusual lineup of 15 instruments, including two violas, bass flute, two basset horns, contrabass clarinet, the cimbalon and banjo.
- Among the ensemble’s strange, outmoded, “original” instruments — the feral horns, sour violins, wooden flutes, cellos without endpins — she seemed right at home, despite her Broadway provenance.
- The band played ceaselessly. Even when the other instruments were resting the pianist kept up his monotonous vamping, with a dreary furbelow for embellishment here and there, to which some few of the dancers continued to shuffle round the floor.
- a graduator of instruments
- The dentist set down his tray of instruments. The scientist recorded the temperature with a thermometer but wished he had a more accurate instrument."
- Negotiable instruments are the foundation of the debt markets.
- Its great development, as well as the use of many small instruments (kithara, flute, etc.), go far to prove that music must have formed a larger part of woman's domestic life than the actual records show.
- Examples of instrumented
- a sonata instrumented for orchestra
- After cleaning the surgical areas with iodopovidone, the swine were then instrumented with a right internal jugular pulmonary artery catheter through an 8 French introducer, a right femoral vein 10 French introducer and a right femoral artery triple lumen catheter.
Examples of instrument in a Sentence