- Examples of in order
- Like any arthropod encased in a rigid exoskeleton, a trilobite must periodically moult, or exuviate, in order to grow.
- Smith, who’s still mulling over ways that she can “go Galt,” sees a possibility for a moral stand. During the Iraq War, she read about a painter who’d painted less, reducing his income, in order to dodge taxes and thereby make sure he didn’t fund the war.
- In the crisis, the company was forced to reduce its costs in order to avoid going under.
- In order to lay a foundation for the witness to describe the murder, the prosecutor first had to show that the witness was present when the murder occurred.
- "What did the test say, Doc?" / "I think it's time for you to be putting your affairs in order."
- The judge gave him ten days to put his affairs in order before beginning his sentence.
- The bank robber decided to take a hostage in order to raise the stakes.
- The project was rescoped in order to meet the deadline.
- The project had to be stripped down to the core elements in order to hit the budget.
Examples of in order in a Sentence