humour ExamplesEN[ˈhjuːmɚ] [ˈjuːmɚ] [ˈçuː.mə(ɹ)] [hjuː.mə(ɹ)] [-uːmə(ɹ)]
- Examples of humour
- Balotelli, in recognition of those latest chaotic events in his personal life, then revealed a T-shirt bearing the slogan "Why Always Me?". Despite the evident good humour of the gesture, he was booked by referee Mark Clattenburg.
- Charles had not been employed at Darracott Place above six months, but he was not such a whopstraw as to make the least noise in the performance of his duties when his lordship was out of humour.
- She was in no humour for conversation with anyone but himself; and to him she had hardly courage to speak.
- This inundation of mistempered humour. — Shakespeare.
- Further, the joint-glands themselves grow rigid, and secern less of their proper humour.
- Examples of humours
- "And it wad far better become ye, Mr. Saddletree," continued his helpmate, "since ye say ye hae skeel o' the law, to try if ye can do onything for Effie Deans, puir thing, that's lying up in the tolbooth yonder, cauld, and hungry, and comfortless--A servant lass of ours, Mr. Butler, and as innocent a lass, to my thinking, and as usefu' in the shop--When Mr. Saddletree gangs out,--and ye're aware he's seldom at hame when there's ony o' the plea-houses open,--poor Effie used to help me to tumble the bundles o' barkened leather up and down, and range out the gudes, and suit a' body's humours--And troth, she could aye please the customers wi' her answers, for she was aye civil, and a bonnier lass wasna in Auld Reekie.
- secretitious humours
- Were the humours of the eye tinctured with any colour, they would refund that colour upon the object. — Ray.
Examples of humour in a Sentence