hard ExamplesEN[hɑːd] [hɑɹd] [-ɑː(ɹ)d]
- Examples of hard
- It's so hard to be a technicolor girl in an earth-tone world.
- Ceramacrete was a hard substance used to pave roads.
- The referee liked officiating because he got the best view but hated making the hard calls.
- Some eccentric languages are structurally just as simple, but intentionally made awfully hard to understand — like the notorious languages Brainfuck [ …] or Malbolge.
- It is hard to speak Myanmar.
- ...for he smote so strongly and so hard himself in that rock, that all his body was dolven within through the miracle of God. — The Travels of Sir John Mandeville
- These gorgeous minifilms feature muscled figures, often shirtless, looking like jewel thieves or Spiderman, atop buildings where they skip and leap with such death-defiance and frank grace that it’s hard to keep from calling their sport dance.
- 1892, Dante Alighieri, The Vision: Or, Hell, Purgatory and Paradise of Dante Alighieri, Page 360 - "Count it not hard henceforth, when thou dost hear That a just vengeance was, by righteous court, Justly revenged."
- Examples of harder
- A pair is harder to drive than two mounts with separate riders.
- You're going to have to pull harder to get that cork out of the bottle.
- The black walnut and the hickory nut, both of the same Genus as the pecan, have much thicker and harder shells than the pecan.
- SYP is a softwood, but it is harder than many hardwoods.
- The harder you try, the worse you do.
- I accultured myself very easily when I moved from Chile to Brazil; Portuguese, being similar to Spanish, was easy to learn. It might have been harder to acculture to life in Hong Kong.
- My folks keep banging away at me to study harder.
- His face met with a punch harder that a punch should be.
- They think the Spirit-led beleiver[sic] just trys[sic] harder than they do.
- Examples of hardest
- The supervisor was very cruel to Josh, as he would always give Josh the hardest, most degrading work he could find.
- I've heard that one L courses are the hardest courses you'll take in law school.
- Diamonds are not scratchable, being one of the hardest substances known.
- Physically, it was easy, but emotionally it was the hardest thing I've ever done.
- Twos are the hardest year on parents.
- In woode and stone, not the softest, but hardest, be alwaies aptest, for portrature, both fairest for pleasure, and most durable for proffit.
- Unwilling to try his hardest, Jason instead chose to bring it weak at the gym, and didn't even break a sweat.
- Diamond is the hardest natural material.
- The hardest thing I ever did was run the 25th mile of a 26 mile long marathon.
Examples of hard in a Sentence