hard ExamplesEN[hɑːd] [hɑɹd] [-ɑː(ɹ)d]
- Examples of hard
- Each year at Christmastime I feel Im stuffed with a heavy, greasy, fluffy, enormous piece of untasty chocolate cake that I not only have a hard time swallowing but that I can definitely never digest.
- After working hard all week, I decided to stay home and veg on Saturday.
- What they share, apart from their Texas roots, is a viselike grasp of hard-bop fundamentals and an easy affinity for funk.
- Fed close? Why, it's eaten into t' hard wick. (spoken of a pasture which has been fed very close)
- We've worked hard to reduce work-in-progress inventory by speeding up production.
- And Death's grim hands grip hard below / At mortared seams of the yieldless stone
- In the end, all of our hard work amounted to zero.
- That exam was hard as all fuck.
- Examples of harder
- Transposition frequently is harder to read because of all the sharps and flats on the staff.
- [ … ] when he came to climb some of Hammondsport's slantiest hills he found the pedalling as hard, if not harder, than walking.
- It's a lot harder than it looks.
- If you swim against the current, you must work harder.
- Right now it is too dangerous to obsess about such things. It will only make life harder, and life is hard enough as it is.
- "Did you fail your exam?" "Yes, but no matter. I'll just study harder next time."
- High-profile abandonments are harder to infiltrate for urban explorers due to their heightened security.
- The bottom-of-the-line patterns don't have complex designs, which are harder to make.
- One thing that makes recovering product harder is grocery stores' and restaurants' practice of regrinding one company's lot, or "chub," of meat with those from other companies, thus making trace-back harder.
- She liked an aged cider. He liked a harder cider.
- Examples of hardest
- The supervisor was very cruel to Josh, as he would always give Josh the hardest, most degrading work he could find.
- I've heard that one L courses are the hardest courses you'll take in law school.
- Diamonds are not scratchable, being one of the hardest substances known.
- Physically, it was easy, but emotionally it was the hardest thing I've ever done.
- Twos are the hardest year on parents.
- In woode and stone, not the softest, but hardest, be alwaies aptest, for portrature, both fairest for pleasure, and most durable for proffit.
- Unwilling to try his hardest, Jason instead chose to bring it weak at the gym, and didn't even break a sweat.
- Diamond is the hardest natural material.
- The hardest thing I ever did was run the 25th mile of a 26 mile long marathon.
Examples of hard in a Sentence