- Examples of gravity
- centre-of-gravity data for the structures
- He used gravity and the tension created by cooling glass to manipulate the piece into a dolphinlike shape.
- From some undreamed-of reservoir my body summoned up a gravity tank of incalescent libido.
- It is tempting to speculate about the incentives or compulsions that might explain why anyone would take to the skies in [the] basket [of a balloon]: perhaps out of a desire to escape the gravity of this world or to get a preview of the next; […].
- The oil was pale greenish‐yellow, became golden‐yellow and brown on exposure, was slightly lævogyre and had the specific gravity 0.969 at 15℃
- Examples of gravities
- Spring tides occur when the Sun and Moon line up, since the gravities of the two bodies add together to create larger tidal forces. Neap tides occur when the Sun and Moon are at right angles to one another as seen from Earth. In this case, the gravitational forces counteract each other, creating weaker tidal forces. — Neil F. Comins, "A New Slant on Earth", Astronomy, Vol. 20, Iss. 7; pg. 44, 6 pgs; Jul, 1992 Rear Adm. Harry Hill, put in command of the amphibious force, consults with local mariners and reaches a cautious consensus that neap high tide in the lagoon on November 20 will surely be close to five feet deep. — Michael Kernan, (Tarawa) "...heavy fire...unable to land...issue in doubt.", Smithsonian, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p118, 11p, 1c, 9bw, Nov, 1993 ... and neap tides (tides that occur during the first and third quarters of the moon and that have the least difference between high and low tides), ... — Richard M. Schlenker and Sarah J. Yoshida, "Developing Science Activities", Science Activities, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p34, 7p, 3 charts, Summer, 1995
Examples of gravity in a Sentence