four ExamplesEN[fɔː] [fɔɹ] [fo(ː)ɹ] [foə] [-əʊə(r)] [-ɔː(ɹ)]
- Examples of four
- A plant with four petals and six stamens is anisomerous.
- the four-armed creature.
- As pageants go, this one was short (about four blocks, one hour) and friendly in a fringey, attitudinous way.
- A body coloured centre pillar signalled the arrival of an electronic four-speed auto, slight suspension revisions and minor trim changes.
- It is a banner achievement for an athlete to run a mile in under four minutes.
- a four-barreled shotgun
- A lintel or beam may have four inches of bearing upon the wall.
- Examples of fours
- All the fives are over there in the corner, next to the fours.
- Do you have any more fours? I want to make this a little taller.
- I'll take the threes, fours and fives and go to the playground.
- I'll just go to the lumberyard and buy some more two by fours so we can finish building this.
- All the threes will go in Mrs. Smith's class, while I'll take the fours and fives.
Examples of four in a Sentence