- Examples of founded
- “… That woman is stark mad, Lord Stranleigh. Her own father recognised it when he bereft her of all power in the great business he founded. …”
- Founded almost 50 years ago, it's an imposing graystone structure (formerly a park district office).
- 21 SATURDAY Thirty-nine years ago, Margaret Burroughs founded the DuSable Museum of History and Art on the first floor of her South Michigan Avenue greystone, with the pantry serving as its library.
- An application for guardianship must be founded on two medical recommendations, the procedure being similar to an application for admission for treatment.
- If you were, you would have no carriages to ride in, and your daughters would be what Martha and Mary and Lydia and Dorcas were, and their title to ladyhood founded on their degrees of goodness." "
- They [ … ] founded manufacturies of cotton cloths; contracted for the crops of produce at very high prices; offered rewards and, in short, they put in motion every partial resources they were able to avail themselves of and their limited means allowed.
- Cross-cultural meldings of Eastern and Western dance styles and aesthetics must have been unusual and perhaps somewhat exotic when the Saeko Ichinohe Dance Company was founded in 1970.
- [F]urther south in Kent, there was St. Mildred, whose mother, in 670, founded the minster that still stands there in good nick, with nine nuns who are an ever-present help in trouble to all religions and none.
- Founded in 1967 as a private, nonprofit science center, Talcott attracts thousands of students from the region to its daylong and weekend sessions to supplement their regular science curriculum
Examples of founded in a Sentence