found ExamplesEN[fɑʊnd] [-aʊnd]
- Examples of found
- [ … ] a journalist, Anita M. Busch, found a note saying “Stop” taped to her car, a fish and a rose in a tin tray on the hood, a bulletlike hole piercing the windshield.
- A cameloid cell is an elliptical red blood corpuscle found in mammals only among the camel family (Camelidae).
- Stu liked to watch campy B-movie horror flicks from the 1950s, not because they scared him, but because he found them funny.
- It chanced that I found a solution the very next day.
- Commander Birch was a trifle uneasy when he found there was more than a popple on the sea; it was, in fact, distinctly choppy.
- Scientists found a cocktail of pollutants in the river downstream from the chemical factory.
- Examples of founded
- Founded in 1967 as a private, nonprofit science center, Talcott attracts thousands of students from the region to its daylong and weekend sessions to supplement their regular science curriculum
- Founded in 1975 and led by the violinist Richard Tognetti since 1989, the orchestra looks youthful and hip onstage, its players clad in varying shades of black semiformality.
- It is the creation of a verist, of a naturalist, founded on a clear and intimate perception of nature.
- “[…] That woman is stark mad, Lord Stranleigh. Her own father recognised it when he bereft her of all power in the great business he founded. […]”
- Dodonovo was founded in 1949.
- "Maybe I'm a dumb Pollock. Is that too simple?" Krzyzewski's arguments were well-founded.
- Protagonists in social struggles, national liberation movements, and campaigns for citizens' rights, they invariably founded totalitarian, oppressive, and liberticidal regimes.
- On such openheartedness was their marriage founded that concealment or archness was unthinkable.
- Examples of founding
- The founding fathers of our country.
- the founding of the republic
- The apocalyptic theology of the Jehovah's Witnesses is not as popular today as other fundamentalist beliefs, but their founding and history are typical of other neotraditionalist sects.
- The United Nations had 77 founding members.
- Kirk Stan founding artist member of the Contemporary gallery and Edward L. Carroll the Church Drama guild pitched a hooray for hollywood costume party
- 1994, Daniel Evan Weiss, The Roaches Have No King, ISBN 9781852423261, page 4 : Since the founding of the colony it had been a tradition to unload oothecae – egg sacs – in the cabinets so the younglings would be near the principal food stocks.
- But it would be hard to fill a schoolbus with New Yorkers who know Robert Livingston, one of the lesser founding fathers, and George Clinton, not the guy with Parliament Funkadelic, but the other one who was Thomas Jefferson’s vice president.
- There was a musician on tabla and tamboura, Ed Feldman, a reminder that Ms. Coltrane made music for Vedic meditation for about half her life, eventually founding an ashram in Southern California.
Examples of found in a Sentence