formerly ExamplesEN[ˈfɔɹmɚli] [ˈfɔːməli]
- Examples of formerly
- One now scarce counted a rhythmer, formerly admitted for a poet. — Fuller.
- The Sling is also a weapon of great antiquity, formerly in high estimation among the ancients.
- I had to substitute old parts with the new ones. (This usage was formerly proscribed.)
- The sarcomatous testicle, for example, as it was formerly called, in conformity with the nomenclature of the English surgeon, is merely a chronic enlargement of that organ, the result of inflammatory deposits and supernutrition of its proper structures.
- Judea was formerly divided into ten toparchies.
- connection (connect); also, especially formerly, connexion
- The pumps now draw water from this tank, instead of from the "Croton main" as formerly.
- These ratios agree quite well with those in the variety formerly called mesole or faröelite.
- Within Panicoideae, the two Andropogoneae ( Coix lacryma-jobi and Zea mays ) were sisters as were two species formerly characterized as centothecoids ( Thysanolaena maxima and Centotheca lappacea ) (bs values, both 100 %).
Examples of formerly in a Sentence