formEN[fɔːm] [fɔɹm] [-ɔː(ɹ)m]
- Examples of form
- Chimpanzees are known to form bands to hunt and kill other monkeys.
- You get the negation of a proposition if you insert "not" (or some equivalent expression) into it in such a way as to form a contradictory of it.
- “Dance is not an ephemeral art form,” said Sandra Aberkalns, the senior staff notator at the bureau.
- This collection will form the nucleus of a new library.
- Juggling is a form of object manipulation.
- The angles of any two of the tetrahedra ABCD, A′B′C′D′, and OO′O″O‴ form the angles of a complete syngrammatic octangle whose syngrammatic points are the angles of the other tetrahedron [ …]
- If a vector is a 1-column matrix then a corresponding one-form would be a 1-row matrix.
- An overvote that took the form of punching Gore's chad and then writing his name (or Lieberman's) in the place for a write-in candidate would unambiguously manifest the voter's intention to vote for Gore.
- Examples of forms
- The unifying thread is a kind of magpie postminimalism, which invigorates familiar abstract strategies — grids, serial repetition, reductive forms — using materials scavenged from everyday life.
- Quantum computing has the potential to break many previously unbreakable forms of encryption.
- On the scales below, circle the one ( + ) or (-) number which best represents your situation on both the belief and practice dimensions for each of the traditional and nontraditional forms of religioning.
- Sometimes, such competition is perfectly legal. In other instances, rent seeking takes other forms, such as bribery, corruption, smuggling, and black markets
- A selbri together with its associated sumti (if any) forms a bridi. A selbri without any sumti is called an observative bridi.
- нов, нова, ново, новы are short forms of новый.
- The often-found stenophagy in local populations of euryphagous species may indicate the emergence of stenophagous forms from euryphagous ones.
- In this country, Sunnism forms the majority.
- Modern US culture has superseded the native forms.
- Examples of formed
- This program works correctly on all well-formed formulas but it blows up on illegal input.
- In Chapter IV we learned that every animal consists of a body, or soma, formed of cells that are differentiated from the germ cells usually at an early stage of development.
- Unkindelich he was transformed, That he which erst a man was formed, Into a woman was forshape[n]. ― Gower.
- What makes these goodies different, the company says, is that they are formed by robotic machines so that the dough is not toughened by overhandling.
- A child familiar with past tenses formed with "-ed" overregularizes by saying "goed" instead of "went".
- Sometimes the ideas spring to life fully formed.
- In science class the teacher prepared a supersaturated solution by cooling a saturated solution. He then added a small seed crystal and a large precipitate formed in just a second.
- According to the process that may have formed the Solar System planets, the surrounding discs of material around the gas giants gradually coalesced into moons.
- Examples of forming
- This year that show featured a story about a patient with fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva, a disorder in which damaged muscles and connective tissue turn to bone, forming, essentially, a second skeleton.
- This effect, combined with variation of effective false positive rate of the cluster-forming threshold over permutations, could explain this slight anticonservativeness.
- However, during the 1950s through to the 1970s the removal of the partition forming part of the enclosure to the box bed recesses to increase the size of rooms was common.
- Presynaptic proteins that promote vesicle release aggregate at active zones, forming the cytomatrix at the active zone (CAZ).
- Holding hands and forming a human daisy chain of peace, love and understanding is about as high on the list of priorities of today's fest-goer as remembering to pack a cummerbund.
- Well-to-do citizens, both Reformed and Catholic, also backed down and withdrew their demands, forming a united front to suppress the revolt in the cities, either through hardhandedness or appeasement.
Examples of form in a Sentence