- Examples of federal
- The supreme court, therefore, may assume jurisdiction over subjects and between parties, not allowed by the constitution, and there is no power in the federal government to gainsay it.
- It is astonishing that the meaning of a single declarative sentence enshrined in the Bill of Rights has evaded judicial construction establishing, at a minimum, some bedrock level of state sovereignty upon which the federal government can not impinge.
- It is congress's duty to oversee the spending of federal funds.
- Therefore, in 1885 Congress passed the Major Crimes Act whereby jurisdiction in the case of seven major crimes (the list of crimes was later expanded) occurring on Native lands was placed in the hands of federal courts.
- Novitzky noted that Rose had recently pleaded guilty to federal charges of distributing gamma butyrolactone, or GBL, a drug sometimes sold as a steroid adjunct, to minor league players.
Examples of federal in a Sentence