facts ExamplesEN[fækts] [fæks]
- Examples of fact
- In fact I wos napped on the nod, But the way I got woke wos a wunner.
- It was, in fact, the starchy stems that in some cases led to depletion of wild zamias in some regions of Florida.
- the argument or fact is admitted
- Are we not in fact dicivilizing ourselves as we decivilize them? Why is there no outcry? Is it because we have cast off the delusion of human sanctity?
- He did the crime and will go to jail - the fact that he did not know it was illegal does not enter into it.
- We must all face up to the fact that we're not getting any younger.
- Jessica feigned the fact that she had not done her homework.
- I couldn't get across to the board this simple economic fact.
- She was in love with me for 10 years, and still hasn't got over the fact that the feeling wasn't mutual.
- Here is a fact that will give you pause. Many states do not publish the voting records of their legislators.
- Examples of facts
- Halback ( 1999 ) points out that the disquotational notion of truth is just a tool for expressing infinite conjunctions and can contribute nothing to our knowledge of non-semantical facts.
- Your fond dreams of flying to Jupiter have been quashed by the facts of reality.
- an indigested array of facts
- It is a just assessment of the facts.
- B&S argue that ordinary macrophysical facts, e.g., about water, are just such counterexamples.
- The naked facts lay there on the table, enclosed within the files.
- The judge dismissed the case on procedural grounds; it wasn't the facts or the law, it was just they hadn't filed the correct forms.
- Yet Butler professes to stick to plain facts, not to sophisticate, not to refine. — M. Arnold.
- If he does, there is a chance for a limited, and relatively undamaging, ruling that hews closely to the facts of this case.
Examples of facts in a Sentence