- Examples of enjoyment
- Few activities better the enjoyment of a hearty meal eaten in good company.
- All acts suppose certain dispositions, and habits of mind and heart, which may be in themselves states of enjoyment or of wretchedness, and which must be fruitful in other consequences besides those particular acts.
- Already the poor man saw himself crowned by the might of his arm Emperor of Trebizond at least; and so, led away by the intense enjoyment he found in these pleasant fancies, he set himself forthwith to put his scheme into execution.
- Harry sat between them, like a sheep as he was, very meekly--not without some enjoyment of his sheepdom, but still feeling that he was a sheep.
- This right is defined by Lord Coke to extend to the enjoyment of the corn, grass, underwood, sweepage (i.e. everything which falls to the sweep of the scythe), and the like, but not to houses, timber, trees, or mines, .or inany way to the land itself
- But I enjoyed the camaraderie once in a while with Catharine, who bigheartedly wanted to share her enjoyment.
- The critic scrutinizes a sculpture with an eye to writing a review; the gallery-goer contemplates it for sheer enjoyment.
- Examples of enjoyments
- Thee our Muses invite to these enjoyments; Thee those billows allure, the myrtled seashore, Birds allure with a song, and mighty Gaurus Twines his redolent wreath of vines and ivy.
- Is it, haply, an idle occupation, or is the time ill-spent that is spent in roaming the world in quest, not of its enjoyments, but of those arduous toils whereby the good mount upwards to the abodes of everlasting life?
Examples of enjoyment in a Sentence
- en enjoyments