- Examples of encourage
- At Fekkai, for example, the solid oak communal hairstyling stations are designed to encourage clients to talk to one another [ … ] .
- It would have been madness to encourage them to back the mare : in fact I was on a hiding to nothing whatever happened.
- Nor do they encourage overindebtedness, per se.
- Encourage the reviewee to do most of the talking.
- Factors known to encourage the growth of harmful bacteria inside cooling systems include the stagnation of the water.
- Proponents say residential submeters encourage tenants to reduce their energy consumption by making households that never had to worry about electricity costs take financial responsibility for the power they use.
- We have to get people out of their cars and encourage them to use alternative forms of transportation.
- Earth up a potato crop several times during the season to encourage more tubers to grow.
- We encourage the use of bicycles in the town centre.
- Examples of encourages
- The initiative, which is in 25 Westin hotels and will become chainwide next year, encourages travelers trying to beat insomnia to drink smoothies made from bananas and soy milk.
- Procedural and generative cybertext work undermines the concept of authorship and encourages the discussion about 'cyborg authorship'
- Genre fiction encourages a focus on one aspect at the expense of others. This can produce an obsessive, powerful work. But a literary novel has, somewhere, to open out into the universal.
- Even the blithely unselfconscious Homer is more than a little freaked out by West’s private reverie, and encourages his spawn to move slowly away without making eye contact with the crazy man.
- "It's not your typical reality format which encourages narkiness," she says.
- This encourages the clinical use of aPDT with VIS + wIRA for the treatment of periimplantitis and periodontitis.
- Examples of encouraged
- If you set out birdseed in the winter, cardinals will be encouraged to overwinter.
- That close call encouraged Wales to launch another series of attacks that ended when lock Louis Deacon killed the ball illegally in the shadow of England's posts.
- With membership limited strictly to "veterans of the late unpleasantness," the GAR encouraged the formation of Allied Orders to aid them in its various works.
- Doak encouraged local immigration officers, law enforcement agencies, and repatriation-sympathetic newspapers to join forces to publicize deportation raids, frightening many Mexicans into self-deportation.
- Mother encouraged James to rely more on intelligence and less on testosterone to deal with the neighbor's son.
- I felt encouraged by all the enthusiastic wavers in the crowd.
- I encouraged him during his race.
- The royal family has always encouraged the arts in word and deed
- Examples of encouraging
- Scotland’s most encouraging early source of an attacking threat was Andrew Robertson as the precocious left-back charged forward to good effect on a couple of occasions.
- Some of the State institutions, however, burdened as they are with a large and unassorted mass of pupils, have made most encouraging progress in this direction.
- A round of applause to Lawrence Downes for pointing out that the premature eroticization of young girls could never happen if their parents woke up and thought about the behavior they’re tolerating — and outright encouraging.
- Swansea named an unchanged side from their win over West Brom, and the visitors made an encouraging start, with Blues old boy Scott Sinclair prominent - Branislav Ivanovic had to make an important block to halt the winger's run.
- ... while ecological and safety considerations must affect the development and utilization of energy sources, it is crucial that a levelhanded balance of all issues be made by agencies responsible for controlling and encouraging energy development.
Examples of encourage in a Sentence