- Examples of dyed
- a double-dyed villain
- Smith was a dyed-in-the-wool typist and never really got used to writing on computers.
- John Major was described by his opponents as a dyed-in-the-wool Conservative.
- With her black clothes and dyed hair, Melanie looked very goth compared to her classmates.
- And thou shalt make the rational of judgment with embroidered work of divers colours, according to the workmanship of the ephod, of gold, violet, and purple, and scarlet twice dyed, and fine twisted linen.
- Though she was a dyed-in-the-wool conservative, she found the Coulterisms in Godless (such as referring to Michael Dukakis as "the Greek midget") to be an embarrassment to the movement.
- to discharge the colour from a dyed fabric in order to form light figures on a dark background
- Cryst who dyed for vs on the Rood tree, Sav the sowl of my Husbond, owr chyldren, and mee.
- He dyed his hair black last month, so the grey roots can be seen.
- I told my daughter to get her hair dyed at a salon, but she had to swim upstream and do it herself. Now it's a mess.
- Perhaps this distraction was perversely comforting for a dyed-in-the-wool antimachinist like Orr, a sense of continuity at a time of great emotional confusion.
Examples of dyed in a Sentence