- Examples of direction
- In the comparatively early state of human advancement in which we now live, a person cannot indeed feel that entireness of sympathy with all others, which would make any real discordance in the general direction of their conduct in life impossible [ … ] .
- ... the incensed firedrake, in revenge, flies all over the land, vomiting fire and smoke in every direction, — Helene A. Guerber, The Book of the Epic, 1913
- An 1877 Polish mizrah (a plaque hung in the home to indicate which direction to face when praying) by Israel Dov Rosenbaum, a clockmaker, mimics the shape of a mantel clock.
- A short time later, Bush, who is certainly not known for contrition, went further in the notpology direction and lashed out at detractors of Gonzales, whose "good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons," he said.
- Defeat would have been harsh on the Swiss, predictably well-organised under the masterly direction of veteran coach Ottmark Hitzfeld, and in midfield man Xherdan Shaqiri they have one of Europe's rising stars.
- The stage direction given in the script said to walk forward and speak the line loudly.
- Examples of directions
- Don't camp it up. Just follow the stage directions.
- Please follow the attached directions when assembling these shelves.
- I got so lost on my way downtown I had to ask for directions.
- Gaijins rarely speak Japanese, usually can't give directions to where they want to go, have notoriously short tempers.
- First, we improved resolution to produce more satisfying regional boundaries (better approximation of curves) by reslicing the atlas into 0.5 mm space before splitting it into slices in each of the three orthogonal directions.
- Their final embrace makes it painfully obvious that because their torsos are forever oriented in opposite directions, their relationship is unconsummatable.
Examples of directions in a Sentence
- fr directions