detail ExamplesEN[ˈdi(ː)teɪɫ] [dɪˈteɪl] [-eɪl]
- Examples of detail
- She lingered for a few moments, and was garrulous over some detail of the household.
- The accident was described with lurid detail.
- The story described the main character's wristwatch in mind-numbing detail.
- They combine expansive formats and miniaturistic detail, as in Elvis Road, a panoramic, bird's-eye view of a busy city street delineated with sharp pencils on a single page measuring 1 by 30 feet.
- I've always liked the naive way in which he ignores all the background detail.
- Examples of details
- I'm not interested in hearing all the details. Just give me the upshot.
- These details are unnecessary and should be abstracted away.
- Including a few fun details in large group introductions can be a great way to break the ice.
- A short Internet search brought up some amazing details of this story.
- The news account started by recounting details of the candidate's appearance and buried the lede by not mentioning his new call for tax reform until the 19th paragraph.
- The model shows the basics, but we still need to flesh out the details.
- I don't want to go into the details now.
- They stayed up late hashing out the details of the contract.
- The journalist decided to leave out certain details from her story.
- Examples of detailed
- We need to have the minivan detailed.
- From the pulsing throb of the very opening, this was a detailed, incisive playing, culminating in an envoi glowing enough to provide the catharsis this programme so uncompromisingly demanded.
- The book evokes a detailed and lively picture of what life was like in the 19th century.
- We focused on MCF7 and MCF10A cells because both cell lines have been extensively analysed according to their biomechanistic properties and most of the parameters we needed for detailed FEM analyses were available in various PubMed listed publications.
- He had detailed from his company a jovial Irish lad as orderly — the regular army name for the position is dog-robber.
- Sub Officer Jack Hobbes had checked that everyone who was meant to be there was present, and detailed who was riding the Pump and the Pump Escape, who were the drivers, who were down as BA wearers and who was duty man for the shift.
- Motivated by its well defined higher dimensional origin, a detailed study of supergravity with a dyonically gauged gauge group is performed.
- Primo was free-handing without even using a template, and Alex was outlining a great, detailed design that looked as if it would definitely take the cake when done.
- In the four months following his review of The Homilies, we have a detailed record of Wesley's unremitting diligence, his intermittent anxieties and only occasional moments of joy and high-heartedness.
- Examples of detailing
- He is making his first precaucus trip to Iowa this week, and he sends out regular e-mail messages to supporters detailing his positions.
- She sent a long letter detailing all the recent goings-on in her life.
- A writer of dictionaries; a harmless drudge that busies himself in tracing the original, and detailing the signification of words.
- A short meet-cute dialogue ensues, detailing exactly how many hours of interviews Levitt had agreed to (two), and exactly how much of his time Dubner actually ended up taking (three days). 
- At the end of the second act the main villain gave a soliloquy detailing his plans to attack the protagonist.
Examples of detail in a Sentence