destroy ExamplesEN[dɪˈstɹɔɪ] [-ɔɪ]
- Examples of destroy
- Hooligans destroy unprovoked
- The memory leak happened because we forgot to destroy the temporary lists.
- It irks me to do all this work and have someone destroy it.
- He will stop at nothing to destroy his enemies.
- Gaston Bachelard, Psychoanalysis of Fire (1987) p. 6: Everyone must destroy even more carefully than his phobias, his “philias,” his complacent acceptance of first intuitions.
- There also is the potential to disturb or destroy specific sites used by such species as the western diamond back rattlesnake, spade foot toad, and the desert tortoise.
- A SATU fellow, trawled redhandedly following an exchange of gunfire, was ordered executed before us upon his confession of how the SATU had planned to destroy human being in the Grey stone Compound.
- Examples of destroys
- [ … ] the discharge destroys or neutralizes all external induction, and the coatings are therefore found by the carrier ball unelectrified; [ … ]
- It gives a pair of drunken bums direction, purpose and thriving small businesses but it destroys their friendship and warps their morals in the process.
- Smoking destroys the natural subtlety of the palate
- Further, in making him a slave, he does not merely unhumanize one individual, but UNIVERSAL MAN. He destroys the foundations.
- Furthermore, rabies virus destroys T cells by inducing the overexpression of immunosubversive molecules, such as FasL, HLA-G or B7-H1.
- The new procedure relies on a type of laser called the pulsed photoangiolytic KTP. Its green light selectively destroys the blood vessels feeding the tumor without burning the vocal cords.
- The age mentioned in Season 10´s "Viva" makes no sense and is meant as a joke (the episode makes fun about continuity in its first scenes) but it´s IMO a pretty bad joke in a pretty bad and sitcomish episode that destroys character integrity.
- Examples of destroyed
- The real difficulty was moral, not intellectual. Was the whole edifice of Ptolemy to be destroyed?
- The Slurpie Shack franchise was already considering filing for bankruptcy after five years of poor profits, but a fire that destroyed the flagship restaurant was the final nail in the coffin.
- More than 21 tankers are now battling the blaze which has spread to 20ha and destroyed a hayshed.
- The news that a hurricane had destroyed our beach house killed our plans to sell it.
- The warship was destroyed by floating mines.
- Retinoblastoma surgery almost always results in a case for the prostheticist to create a substitute for the destroyed orbital contents [ …]
- The voltage regulator stopped working and the resulting overload destroyed the device.
- As things turned out, all the enemy missiles were destroyed in flight -- two were hit very early after launch by an airborne laser system -- and a Sophie's choice was averted."
- Its supportability came to an end when a fire at a parts supplier destroyed the molds for key parts.
- Examples of destroying
- The damaged mainmast fell athwart the deck, destroying the ship's boat.
- While looting the stores the looters took the opportunity for revenge by destroying what they didn't steal.
- Just next door, at Al Azhar University, a rocket mangled the protective metal bars as it crashed through the windows of the president’s office this month, destroying his desk and pocking his walls with shrapnel.
- Have you seen what that person is saying about you online? They are destroying your webutation.
- Destroying a rabid dog is required by law.
- Supporting the glucostatic hypothesis, in vivo studies have demonstrated destroying selected hypothalamic nuclei or regions, including the VMH, induces hyperphagia and obesity, while the ablation of the LHA, leads to hypophagia and loss of bodyweight.
Examples of destroy in a Sentence