- Examples of damage
- Fortunately, we can undo most of the damage to the system by the war.
- I abjectly apologise for the damage I have done.
- The damage from hitting the iceberg head on was at the bow rather than amidship.
- The injection was given intraosseously, because with a junkie with this kind of circulatory damage we really would not be able to find a good vein within an adequate time frame
- Her hopes were dashed when she saw the damage.
- Amends were made for the damage and no charges were filed.
- Even when the damage isn't that clear cut, the intangible burdens of a bad image can add up. Just ask Dow Chemical.
- In HALO video game, buttstrokes do the same damage regardless of the weapon you use.
- Silicone implants can lead to capsulization and tissue damage.
- The tumors, known as chordomas, eat bone and tissue and have done irreparable damage to her spine. Ms. Haigh, who has a 3-year-old daughter, cannot work while she is undergoing treatment.
- Examples of damages
- He may be insulting, a miserable rotter and a fool, but unless he slanders or libels you, or damages your property, you do not have standing to sue him.
- to be cast in damages
- The court found that the injurer was liable for damages.
- to recover damages in trespass; to recover debt and costs in a suit at law
- he refused to instruct that actual intent to harm or recklessness had to be found before punitive damages could be awarded, or that a verdict for respondent should differentiate between compensatory and punitive damages.
- Two years after the flood, my lawyer managed to hammer out a settlement with my insurance company over the damages.
- A landlord recouped the rent of premises from damages awarded to the plaintiff for eviction.
- Wanna bet the families can't afford the damages created by their goldensprog?
- Here, we investigate the cardio-protective efficacy of nanocurcumin in protecting primary human ventricular cardiomyocytes (HVCM) from hypoxia induced damages.
- Examples of damaged
- No. 8 in his top 10 rules of Wall Street self-defense: “Remember that brain-damaged people will outtrade you.”
- The damaged submarine came up successfully, but was incapable of resubmerging and was captured on the surface.
- I sent the video back to the store as it was damaged.
- They hastened outside between storms to shore up the damaged fence.
- This year that show featured a story about a patient with fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva, a disorder in which damaged muscles and connective tissue turn to bone, forming, essentially, a second skeleton.
- Participants felt that the medicalised, chemicalised, sexually liberal and accelerated culture of the host society damaged their own, and the local populations’ health.
- Hair cells were more severely damaged in blood injected ears than in cochleostomy only ears.
- Examples of damaging
- The ladder holdoff enabled him to clean the gutters easily without the ladder's weight damaging them.
- Some said the article was a mean-spirited, unnecessarily damaging nonstory.
- One particularly damaging, but often ignored, effect of conflict on education is the proliferation of attacks on schools [ …] as children, teachers or school buildings become the targets of attacks. Parents fear sending their children to school.
- The editor decided that repunctuating Shakespeare's sonnets risked damaging their meaning.
- Fabio Capello's out of sorts side looked to be heading for a damaging defeat and a heavy blow to their hopes of reaching Poland and Ukraine next summer as Switzerland deservedly took command.
- Belkoff et al. reported that pain reduction was attributable to the immobility and inhibition of micromovements of the fractured fragment and the cytotoxic effect of PMMA, which relieves pain by damaging the terminal nerve.
Examples of damage in a Sentence