consists in ExamplesEN
- Examples of consist in
- Nyctitropic movements of plants usually consist in a folding or drooping of the leaves, the advantage being in lessening the radiation of heat.
- Verdictives consist in the delivering of a finding, official or unofficial, upon evidence or reasons as to value or fact [ …]
- Examples of consists in
- The “marriage of the two Toms” (ibid. p. 192) then consists in recognising the difficulties Kuhn’s insights pose for the pure model of Bayesian conditionalisation and its augmentation.
- Knowledge consists in recognizing the difference between good and bad decisions.
- Tolerance consists in respecting other people’s opinions.
- ...the fabrick of them consists in several membranes superstrated one over another...
- Should he be weak-handed (poor), he is compelled to be content with what is termed girdling, which consists in cutting the bark, thereby, of course, killing the trees, and he afterwards clears away the underwood, which is seldom considerable.
- The argument about difference is wrong-minded on several counts. First, Saussure's argument about difference is based on a methodological leap of faith that consists in using phonology as a model for all higher levels of analysis of language...
- It consists in a phosphorely in which phosphorylation of CheY by CheA results in the interaction of CheY with the flagellar rotor and changes in flagella rotation.
- Examples of consisted in
- Yet if the only form of tradition, of handing down, consisted in following the ways of the immediate generation before us in a blind or timid adherence to its successes, "tradition" should positively be discouraged.
- Holding intercourse with Sir William at this date partook a good deal of the nature of a one-handed conversation, and the one-handedness seemed to increase when the only share of the host, in the post-prandial conviviality, consisted in passing the decanters, which Sir William was scrupulous to do.
- Examples of consisting in
- The stationary phase included precolumn and column Sherisorb ODS1 5μm (4.6 x 250 mm; Waters Barcelona, Spain), and a mobile phase consisting in 1.5 mmol/L potassium hydrogen phosphate at pH 4.6 with 10% methanol, at a flow rate of 1 mL/min at room temperature.
Examples of consists in in a Sentence