compound ExamplesEN[kɒmpaʊnd] [ˈkɑmpaʊnd] [ˈkɒmpaʊnd] [kəmˈpaʊnd] [-aʊnd]
- Examples of compound
- In this this paper, we introduce new classes of operators in complex Banach spaces, which we call k-bitransitive operators and compound operators to study the direct sum of diskcyclic operators.
- The ethyl acetate extract of QTYC-45 and sterile QTYC-45 exhibited a difference in retention time of 10.8 min (S3 Fig , peak marked with*), indicating that the compound (10.8 min, peak marked with *) was produced by the endofungal bacteria itself.
- a fungicidally active compound
- a herbicidally active compound
- an insecticidally active compound
- Bradykinin (1 μg in 10 μl saline) or compound 48/80 (3 μg in 10 μl saline) was injected intracutaneously.
- Resveratrol (3,5,4′-trihydroxy- trans -stilbene) is a nonflavonoid polyphenolic compound belonging to the stilbene group able.
- Examples of compounds
- At the request of Defence Food Research Laboratory, 14 new anacardic compounds synthesised from tetrahydroanacardol were screened for toxicity to insect and albino rats.
- Although we cannot exclude that inter-clone recombination may have also contributed to this notable frequency increase, values of this magnitude were only previously observed under strong selective pressures with antichlamydial compounds [137 ].
- They also illustrate the advantage of biological synthesis to achieve bifunctionalization, as exemplified by several of our bi-halogenated compounds.
- Consequently, pharmacological compounds in cordyceps may be associated with neurotrophic effects, which regulate behavioral sensitization and reward circuits of drug addiction.
- Various compounds with siderophore activity, including pyoverdines-Fe-complex, desferricoprogen and salicylic acid, were found to stimulate the growth of difficult-to-culture strains [ …]
- Examples of compounded
- Holt was furious referee Michael Oliver refused to then award him a penalty after Ledley King appeared to pull his shirt and his anger was compounded when Spurs immediately levelled.
- After birth, the damage will be compounded by nonnurturing environments and poor education.
- The pointlessness of the discussion only compounded her boredom.
- It was a strange kind of clapping; a sort of wide-handed upward clap, compounded by the exaggerated nasal voice the hijras used in speech.
- Examples of compounding
- Many women seeking natural remedies have turned to compounding pharmacies, druggists who promise so-called bioidentical hormones that are chemically synthesized but have the same molecular structure as hormones produced by a woman’s body.
- Compounding the word looked wrong, so I hyphenated it instead.
- The scene under the candlenut torches was as familiar to us as the Ohio River of Uncle Tom to the small-town schoolboy; the meager rows of three-quarter naked Kanakas, yellow with saffron and blue with tattooer's ink; the old women in the background of sultry lights and enormous shadows compounding endless balls of popoi for the feast; the local and desceptered chieftain squatting on his hams and guarding the vanished gallon between his knees; this was all as it should have been.
- Poetry admits of greater latitude than proſe, which with reſpect to coining, or, at leaſt, new-compounding words; yet, even here, this liberty ſhould be uſed with a ſparing hand.
Examples of compound in a Sentence