comb ExamplesEN[kəʊm] [koʊm] [-əʊm] [kɒmb]
- Examples of comb
- When all is o'er, out to the door they run, With new comb'd sleeky hair, and glist'ning cheeks, Each with some little project in his head.
- It is not to tease you, and hurt you, my sweet, But only for kindness and care, That I wash you and dress you, and make you look neat, And comb out your tanglesome hair.
- I need to comb my hair before we leave the house
- 1973: Making a show of looking for his comb which is, as usual, lost, suspect is known as a notorious ctenophile — Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
- He ran a comb through his mop and hurried out the door.
- A metal comb shed her golden hair.
- "See, I gots bad hair, the kind of hair you have to wet in the morning 'fore you can comb it," he explains.
- Straighten out your necktie and comb your hair.
- comb. form
- Examples of combs
- The unhappy man (who had cheated the sailors), innocent of danger, is seated on a grating with his combs, spy-glasses, necklaces, ribbons, and all the rest of his "Brummagem" trumpery, spread out before him.
- I was introduced to the panorama of twisties, barrettes, hair and scalp conditioner (basically hair grease), brushes for every occasion and narrow- and wide-tooth combs.
- 1977: He prised a skep from its stool and held it out, inverted, showing the dirty wreck of combs, with the vile grubs spinning their cocoons. — Patrick O'Brian, The Mauritius Command
- Examples of combed
- Police combed the field for evidence after the assault
- Examples of combing
- With gentle combing, untangle your hair.
Examples of comb in a Sentence