- Examples of coast
- The rocky coast of Maine has few beaches.
- When I ran out of gas, fortunately I managed to coast into a nearby gas station.
- Minutes away from downtown Cambridge, the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, a 27,000-acre expanse of sibilant cordgrass and murky channels, has one of the largest concentrations of nesting bald eagles along the Atlantic coast.
- If you're heading to the coast, you'll have to cross the divide first.
- Coast Guard: company commander
- Upon the straits; - on the French coast the light
- We lost several hours having to tack into a foul wind just off the coast.
- No great confidence in anything though, and I'll be off to the coast today to freeze my giggleberries off.
- Examples of coasts
- Our second front will, in fact, comprise both the Atlantic and Mediterranean coasts of Europe, and we can push either right-handed, left-handed, or both-handed as our resources and circumstances permit.
- For the past decade, the politics of the country has been defined by this map — a conservative heartland and two bracketlike liberal coasts.
- He just coasts through life like it doesn't mean a thing.
- [ …] [A]n unrelenting U-Boat warfarewas havocing the coasts, the hope and prayer of a stricket world was America, the Yankees.
- Examples of coasted
- He shifted his car out of gear, at the top of the hill, and coasted down in Mexican overdrive.
- Examples of coasting
- The vessels, which were fitted out entirely for coasting voyages, were large, undecked, the seams fastened with cords made of the cocoa fibres, and the timbers in the same manner.
Examples of coasts in a Sentence