- Examples of clear
- Nevertheless, it is clear that the global energy demand for air-conditioning will grow substantially as nations become more affluent, with the consequences of climate change potentially accelerating the demand.
- Since the mid-1980s, when Indonesia first began to clear its bountiful forests on an industrial scale in favour of lucrative palm-oil plantations, “haze” has become an almost annual occurrence in South-East Asia.
- If there is any one thing clear in this multi-claused contract, it is that under no circumstances was the contractor authorized or permitted to procure the materials on its own.
- The check might not clear for a couple of days.
- Examples of clears
- The door just barely clears the table as it closes. The leaping horse easily cleared the hurdles.
- The town is packed in the summer, but clears out in the winter.
- Should he be weak-handed (poor), he is compelled to be content with what is termed girdling, which consists in cutting the bark, thereby, of course, killing the trees, and he afterwards clears away the underwood, which is seldom considerable.
- Examples of clearer
- We shall, however, obtain a clearer view of the question if we consider the superstitions of those races which have a rudimentary religion, and endeavour to trace these ideas up into a more developed condition.
- And yet, no clearer example of a deepity will you find than the assertion that math is an instinct.
- The night was considerably clearer than anybody on board her desired when the schooner Ventura headed for the land.
- While this is longer it is both clearer to understand and to implement as a webform where the user will select an instrument.
- Major League Baseball whitemailed ESPN into paying a lot more, and the only thing we can be assured of is that the same old products and announcers will come in clearer in 2000 thanks to digital technology.
- I need to collimate my telescope so that the images are clearer.
- Examples of cleared
- After a heavy rain, the sky cleared nicely for the evening.
- The steamer cleared for Liverpool today.
- Bolton then went even closer when Elmander's cross was met by a bullet header from Holden, which forced a wonderful tip over from Cech before Drogba then cleared the resulting corner off the line.
- Wolves, sensing the comeback of all comebacks was on the cards, kept pressing and set up an exciting finish when Ronald Zubar's header was judged to have crossed the line, even though it appeared that Nigel de Jong had successfully cleared the effort.
- Sandy Alomar Jr. cleared waivers and was outrighted to Class AA Binghamton in preparation for his promotion when rosters expand Saturday.
- Golf Golf Whiskey Golf, cleared the ILS approach runway one two, contact Sault Tower one one eight decimal eight, g'day.
- Examples of clearing
- They ringed the trees to make the clearing easier next year.
- The troughs were filled with leaves and needed clearing.
- I had the unenviable job of clearing one for somebody not long ago and the obstruction turned out to be a number of vampire's teabags gathered in a mass.
- Another Wilkinson attempt was charged down before a fine clearing run and kick from Ashton and burgled Scottish line-out worked a penalty chance from wide left.
- Although neutrophils play a crucial role in fighting acute infections and clearing pathogens, these cells also contribute to tissue immunopathology due to their histotoxic capacity.
- Examples of clearest
- The clearest lesson is that the F.D.A. needs the power to demand adequate postmarketing studies and the resources to analyze the results.
- And the Lord said to Moses: Take unto thee spices, stacte, and onycha, galbanum of sweet savour, and the clearest frankincense, all shall be of equal weight. Exodus 30:34, Douay-Rheims-Challoner translation
- The clearest example of echoing Hezbollah came Monday when thousands attended a so-called victory rally, and Mahmoud Zahar, an influential Hamas leader, briefly came out of hiding to tell the rallygoers that his organization would rebuild any house that had been damaged by the Israeli strikes.
Examples of cleared in a Sentence