clear ExamplesEN[klɪə] [klɪɚ] [-ɪə(r)]
- Examples of clear
- The gold farming industry turns one man's play into another's work, but most gaming workers see a clear difference between work and play.
- Remember those clear globe dispensers with gumballs for a penny?
- this book is just the impetus you need to clear the clutter and reorganize your habitat.
- It was still early in the morning when Elettra brought her a letter, bearing the postmark of the city, and addressed in one of those small, clear handwritings which seem naturally to belong to scholars and students.
- I visited a great site yesterday but forgot the URL. Luckily, I didn't clear my history.
- He got boxed in amongst four African runners in the back straight of the last lap, and was only able to get out into the clear coming into the home straight.
- The forced sale of one of the city's most expensive homes, owned by someone who made his fortune in homebuilding, makes clear the widespread nature of the real estate collapse.
- His guns hosed down the vessel's decks, sweeping them clear of sailors, blowing holes in the bulkheads, and smashing gun positions.
- The absolute path for a file is an impure name, it contains a clear hierarchical structure.
- Examples of clears
- The door just barely clears the table as it closes. The leaping horse easily cleared the hurdles.
- The town is packed in the summer, but clears out in the winter.
- Should he be weak-handed (poor), he is compelled to be content with what is termed girdling, which consists in cutting the bark, thereby, of course, killing the trees, and he afterwards clears away the underwood, which is seldom considerable.
- Examples of clearer
- The night was considerably clearer than anybody on board her desired when the schooner Ventura headed for the land.
- While this is longer it is both clearer to understand and to implement as a webform where the user will select an instrument.
- Major League Baseball whitemailed ESPN into paying a lot more, and the only thing we can be assured of is that the same old products and announcers will come in clearer in 2000 thanks to digital technology.
- I need to collimate my telescope so that the images are clearer.
- Examples of cleared
- The plane has been cleared to take off from runway 3.
- The Ambassador's bangalo stood at the base of a mountain covered with jungle, of which he had a portion cleared to provide a promenade.
- The HPV-18 E2 lysate was cleared by centrifugation (14,800 rpm in a table-top minicentrifuge at 4°C for 20 min) and loaded onto a 1-ml strep-tactin sepharose column (IBA-lifesciences).
- Examples of clearing
- After clearing the cape, the still had an hour's sailing to reach blue water.
- Now we plunged into a deep shade with the boughs lacing each other overhead, and crossed dainty, rustic bridges [ …] : or anon we shot into a clearing, with a colored glimpse of the lake and its curving shore far below us.
- You can have the s'mores: you earned them, clearing the walkway of snow so well.
- They ringed the trees to make the clearing easier next year.
- The troughs were filled with leaves and needed clearing.
- I had the unenviable job of clearing one for somebody not long ago and the obstruction turned out to be a number of vampire's teabags gathered in a mass.
- Another Wilkinson attempt was charged down before a fine clearing run and kick from Ashton and burgled Scottish line-out worked a penalty chance from wide left.
- Although neutrophils play a crucial role in fighting acute infections and clearing pathogens, these cells also contribute to tissue immunopathology due to their histotoxic capacity.
- Examples of clearest
- The clearest lesson is that the F.D.A. needs the power to demand adequate postmarketing studies and the resources to analyze the results.
- And the Lord said to Moses: Take unto thee spices, stacte, and onycha, galbanum of sweet savour, and the clearest frankincense, all shall be of equal weight. Exodus 30:34, Douay-Rheims-Challoner translation
- The clearest example of echoing Hezbollah came Monday when thousands attended a so-called victory rally, and Mahmoud Zahar, an influential Hamas leader, briefly came out of hiding to tell the rallygoers that his organization would rebuild any house that had been damaged by the Israeli strikes.
Examples of clear in a Sentence