bright ExamplesEN[bɹaɪt] [-aɪt]
- Examples of bright
- Bright light overpowers the eyes.
- Arsenal were shining bright in a match that had begun with hailstones smashing down in the stadium.
- A few bright and beautiful stars gemmed the wide concave of heaven [ … ] .
- Overhead was a thatch of buraos, and over these again palms brandished their bright fans, as I have seen a conjurer make himself a halo out of naked swords.
- Although eggcrate louvers can effectively cut off the view of bright lamps, the grid itself can become rather bright, especially when it is white.
- Max is an expressive huge-eyed black ball of kinetic kittenness who pops against each page’s bright, differently colored background.
- With the unseeing eyes of an office-goer she looked at Hong Kong passing before her on the bright hot morning. .
- Cobble Hill Park Lush dogwood trees, bright yellow and cream-colored daffodils, and a wrought-iron fence provide an atmosphere of privacy and seclusion to the Brooklyn park-goer.
- She was all right. The abuse she was suffering wouldn't hurt her. The bright sun would forget all about it. The smoggy sky would turn brown studies to gold. (What crap.)
- Examples of brights
- Brights constitute 60% of American scientists, and a stunning 93% of those scientists good enough to be elected to the elite National Academy of Sciences (equivalent to Fellows of the Royal Society) are brights.
- Your brights are on.
- Examples of brighter
- Brighter than the sun, and indeficient as the light of heaven. — Jeremy Taylor.
- The Conrad in Miami has closed its Noir Bar, which had a South Beach, nightclublike atmosphere, and is replacing it with a brighter, lighter bar.
- Six successive defeats had left them rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table but, clearly under instructions to attack from the outset, Bolton started far the brighter.
- More conical backbores give a richer tone, while more cylindrical ones give a brighter, more projected tone.
- The white paint on the walls helps make the room look brighter.
- When preparing to tell stories at a campfire, I like to set aside a pile of pine logs with lots of knots, since they burn brighter and make dramatic pops and cracks.
- We will ornament the windows with trim to make the room seem brighter.
- in this species, the midlegs are brighter than the forelegs and hindlegs
- Examples of brightest
- A smile [ …] breaks out with the brightest distriction. — Collier.
- Many of the lumberjacking memories have faded to black and white, the brightest moments colored mostly by Jim McKay’s yellow blazer.
Examples of bright in a Sentence