- Examples of border
- The image is a perfect square of 8 cm (with white matte border the total dimensions are 14 cm tall by 11 cm wide).
- The border runs for 3000 miles. The leash runs along a wire. The grain of the wood runs to the right on this table. It ran in quality from excellent to substandard.
- Although tens of thousands of refugees now live in semipermanent camps along the Thai border with Myanmar, some of them are periodically forced back against their will.
- to set a precious stone in a border of metal
- These border rascals are apt to be restless in the dark hours, and their knives prick most consumedly sharp!
- Margaret passed quite through the pines, and reached the opening beyond which was what was once the yard, but was now, except for a strip of flower-border and turf which showed care, simply a tangle of bushes and briars.
- There's a nice frilly border around the picture frame.
- a solid border around a table of figures
- The diplomat accused the other nation's leader of brinkmanship for refusing to redeploy the troops along their nations' shared border.
- I was trying to bring supplies across the border to cook a trio of ceviche — marinated raw fish in lime — and duck carnitas with mole coloradito, for the festival’s gala dinner.
- Examples of borders
- The latter bond of adherence was, however, the more slender; for, in the acts regulating the borders, we find repeated mention of "Clannes having captaines and chieftaines, whom on they depend, oft-times against the willes of their landeslordes."
- In Classical legend Cottys was the hundred-handed brother of the hundred-handed monsters Briareus and Gyes, allies of the God Zeus in his war against the Titans on the borders of Thrace and Thessaly.
- Examples of bordered
- His tardy performance bordered on incompetence.
- Bordered by shops selling meat, fresh, smoked and pickled fish, this is a nosher's haven with many a schnell imbiss, or quick snack stand, for the hot liver pt, leberkse and morning weisswurst washed down with potent, lemon-sparked Munich weissbier.
- It was in the form of an equilateral triangle with the corners rounded and was made of blue cloisonné bordered in silver. — The Ruined Map translated by E. Dale Saunders in 1969 from the Japanese by Kobo Abé in 1967.
- The palate is characterized by a wide interpterygoid vacuity which is bordered by edentulous bones (Fig 4A ).
- Examples of bordering
- France and Spain are bordering nations.
- Indeed, this reading is particularly inappropriate among these oralities and physicalities, bordering on cannibalism.
- A curious instance of perversion in religio-sexual feeling, bordering on zooerastia, is the case of St. Veronica.
Examples of bordered in a Sentence
- en bordered on